The Student Room Group

Outrage as blind African student is dragged out of Oxford Union

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Good bloke
How would you remove a noisy and stubbornly resisting interloper so that the event can start? Charm? A spell?

Reasonable force is allowed in such circumstances. He was not struck or injured, and did force the situation, it seems.

Or do blind black people get a free pass to behave as badly as they want?

He wanted his Union card returned to him as the security staff has taken it from him, that is not grounds for assault.

He was found not guilty of any charges brought against him by the Union.
Only Oxford students could think it appropriate to complain about the treatment of a member of an ethnic minority by picketing a lecture in honour of the first female Asian President of the Union..
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
*wow, you've disproven racism in the UK* :colonhash:

Spoiler

All human being have some form of dislike of the other
Original post by Oxford Mum
Being blind, I would have offered him my seat anyway, whatever his ethnicity.

Exactly, it’s not a crime to go out and come back in. I don’t know why they had to drag him out especially if they knew he was there first.
Original post by maachu_pichuu
Some people are born racists, they want any reason to show superiority of themselves over others.

Babies are not born racist
Original post by harrysbar

People develop racist behaviour by the time they are 8-10 years old, ok, young kids may not be racist but that is because of a lack of experience with the world. What I am saying is that people are racist from childhood, not just adulthood.
Original post by harrysbar

Many white people are, as evidenced by their historical and current acts of racism.
Isn’t this the same Oxford Union which just elected its first Black President a while ago?
Original post by Azagthoa
Many white people are, as evidenced by their historical and current acts of racism.

not wise to tar a race with the same brush or that anyone is born hating another race though imo

No they are not born racist, how can a newborn baby be racist or prejudiced in any way?
not wise to tar a race with the same brush or that anyone is born hating another race though imo

Sounds suspiciously like racism to me ..... although maybe they think only white people can be racist :confused:
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
He wanted his Union card returned to him as the security staff has taken it from him, that is not grounds for assault.

He was found not guilty of any charges brought against him by the Union.

As far as I can see he was merely removed when he refused to go.

Or they are taught just like anyone else. Unless you’re disagreeing science and psychology.
@Good bloke

Why are you defending a union which has been seen to be openly racist?

I have not seen any racist behaviour. I have seen a noisy and stubborn interloper removed. Are you suggesting that if a black blind man refuses to leave when calmly asked to do so and gets stroppy about it the security man must accept the situation or be castigated for racism? Isn't that, in itself, racist?
As far as I can see he was merely removed when he refused to go.

https://twitter.com/oxfordafrica/status/1195325148158668803

"Give me my card and I will leave".

Couldn't be more clear.
You assume a lot but refuse to read into the case, hoping somehow the response was fitting lol

I assume nothing. I have watched the videos. I have not condoned his prosecutiuon for violence; I believe that was unncessary. The facts I have seen are:

He tried to bag himself a seat by an invalid means in a reserved area.

The security man very quietly and calmy asked him to move. He refused.

He continued to resist being moved.

He got noisy about it.

He was removed.
Reply 97
Original post by IH8Studying
ew that’s why i hate oxford and anyone who likes that uni.

You didn't even read the headline of the article
I have not seen any racist behaviour. I have seen a noisy and stubborn interloper removed. Are you suggesting that if a black blind man refuses to leave when calmly asked to do so and gets stroppy about it the security man must accept the situation or be castigated for racism? Isn't that, in itself, racist?

Why was he asked to leave when he was entitled to be there? This stinks of racism. No way is the black guy even causing trouble by sitting there (calmly I might add), before the racists in the oxford union decided to drag him out by his ankles. Great PR exercise for them, should talk to Prince Andrew as well, both know how to destroy their reputations in less than an hour.
Why was he asked to leave when he was entitled to be there? This stinks of racism. No way is the black guy even causing trouble by sitting there (calmly I might add), before the racists in the oxford union decided to drag him out by his ankles. Great PR exercise for them, should talk to Prince Andrew as well, both know how to destroy their reputations in less than an hour.

how to destroy their reputations in less than an hour - excuse me, he can't sweat and loves Pizza Express so he's innocent smh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending