The Student Room Group
Are you looking for an face-to-face/conference type course? Because, there's a HUGE amount of quality content online.
Reply 2
Original post by Strange5050
Are you looking for an face-to-face/conference type course? Because, there's a HUGE amount of quality content online.

Face-to-face/conference would be better :smile: thanks :wink:
Honesty you could get both free and paid courses online pf top quality check out Khan Academy
Reply 4
thanks. By the way, if i want to learn Front End Development,Mobile App Developer, which studies i should choose ? thank you very much
Original post by Rosvaldas
thanks. By the way, if i want to learn Front End Development,Mobile App Developer, which studies i should choose ? thank you very much

I'm not quite sure what position you're in, but from my experience, if you're at secondary level of education then Computer Science/IT is the absolutely essential choice. If you're talking College or University courses, there'll be Softwate Engineering, Computer Science, and Web Development courses available. If you're looking to take another route through the likes of self-education and building a portfolio, learning the programming languages and concepts associated with both of these is essential.

For Web Development learning HTML5, CSS, Javascript, and potentially PHP is prehaps mandatory, you'll be working with these languages on a daily basis. For Mobile App Development you'll be looking at learning languages such as Swift for IOS operating systems, and the likes of Java for Android development (do you're own research into what langauges are often used). I'd reccomend building a portfolio, and applying the knowledge you gain, this is a valuable tool for showing your skill, regardless of whether you decide to take a course at College or University, or whether you decide to go solo.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm not quite sure what position you're in, but from my experience, if you're at secondary level of education then Computer Science/IT is the absolutely essential choice. If you're talking College or University courses, there'll be Softwate Engineering, Computer Science, and Web Development courses available. If you're looking to take another route through the likes of self-education and building a portfolio, learning the programming languages and concepts associated with both of these is essential.

For Web Development learning HTML5, CSS, Javascript, and potentially PHP is prehaps mandatory, you'll be working with these languages on a daily basis. For Mobile App Development you'll be looking at learning languages such as Swift for IOS operating systems, and the likes of Java for Android development (do you're own research into what langauges are often used). I'd reccomend building a portfolio, and applying the knowledge you gain, this is a valuable tool for showing your skill, regardless of whether you decide to take a course at College or University, or whether you decide to go solo.

Thanks. Maybe do u know what's the different between Computer Science BSc and/ MSci/ MPhil/ MComp/ MSc / Hons ? :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks. Maybe do u know what's the different between Computer Science BSc and/ MSci/ MPhil/ MComp/ MSc / Hons ? :smile:

Bsc = Bachelor of Science.

MSci = Master of Science (undergraduate masters degree)

MPhil = Master of Philosophy

MComp = Master of Computing

Msc = Master of Science (postgraduate, taken after Bachelor)
Reply 8
-----
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
thank you all for answering. But now im confused about ''Computer Science'' studies, as i said want to learn Web Development (Full- Stack Web Development) and Mobile App Development. But there not much info about that. And im begginer in programming, but maybe in the future i'll start like something different, so i'm confused and i don't know what studies to choose. Could someone offer advice ? I will be very thankfull to all you :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
thank you all for answering. But now im confused about ''Computer Science'' studies, as i said want to learn Web Development (Full- Stack Web Development) and Mobile App Development. But there not much info about that. And im begginer in programming, but maybe in the future i'll start like something different, so i'm confused and i don't know what studies to choose. Could someone offer advice ? I will be very thankfull to all you :smile:

If you're interested in primarily Web Development/ App Development/ Programming you're better off looking at Software Engineering, or Web Development courses. Computer Science is a very general overview.
Reply 11
If you're interested in primarily Web Development/ App Development/ Programming you're better off looking at Software Engineering, or Web Development courses. Computer Science is a very general overview.

thanks, Software Engineering and Software Development are these the same ? :smile: what you think about these course ? is it worth it ? https://www.uos.ac.uk/courses/ug/bsc-hons-mobile-and-web-development
https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/study/computing/web-mobile-development/
https://www.uws.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduate-course-search/web-mobile-development/#!#course-details
(edited 4 years ago)

Yes, Software Engineering and Software Development are the same as far as jobs/employment are concerned, although as you can see from those 3 courses, every university has slightly different modules and course content despite having the same degree title and UCAS code (e.g. differences are going to be things like programming languages, assessment structure, emphasis on topics covered, optional modules, etc.)

It's worth investigating these courses for yourself and deciding whether you think you'd enjoy being at those universities and studying the subject (Also it's worth looking at universities which offer an industrial placement year -- this is a really valuable part of a degree).

Another option worth looking into would be Degree-Apprenticeship schemes which an alternative route into software engineering careers in which you'd spend 3-4 years working 4 days-per-week (i.e. learning on the job, working alongside a mentor and within a team of other experienced IT people to learn from) and combining that with 1 day-per-week in lectures/lessons - these are a really good way of getting into those types of jobs.as well as getting a full degree at the end.
(Although getting into them can be quite competitive due to the demand for placements - it helps a lot if you're already strong/confident with programming and general IT/technical skills before applying)
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending