The Student Room Group

programming language

Whether you're a seasoned coder or just starting to explore the world of programming, what programming language do you find most fascinating or enjoy working with the most? And why?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Ranajack45
Whether you're a seasoned coder or just starting to explore the world of programming, what programming language do you find most fascinating or enjoy working with the most? And why?

Well, programming languages tend to be suited for particular purposes, so it's kind of difficult to say which one is most fascinating or I enjoy wokring with the most since it's kind of down to what I want to do.

My current go to is Python because:

Relatively easy to learn

I can look into data science, AI, machine learning, algorithmic trading, astrophysics, and web development

They have very good library for maths and stats

In second place is C++ because:

To me, it makes more sense than Java even if it's one of the most difficult languages to learn

I get to program games on game engines such as Unreal

It's a general purpose language that also allows me to do algorithmic trading

It's a commonly used language in FORTRAN (physics)

In third, it's JavaScript:

Front end web development, blockchain, apps

A pain in the neck to learn with so many potential pitfalls

Fourth, C#:

It's the programming language for the Unity game engine

Whilst it's a general purpose programming language, I can't think of anything I would really use it other for programming games

Reply 2
Original post by Ranajack45

i'm actually only in y11, but i've been coding since i was in y5 and have been learning python since then. so my answer is python for sure since, although i haven't gotten the time to make any projects yet, i find it really simple and straightforward to code with and you can create amazing projects with them :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending