The Student Room Group

Learning Python

Hi, I'm currently studying A level Computer Science, and whilst I have a basic understanding of python code I really want to improve my skills and understanding of programming.

Does anybody know of any websites / youtube videos / projects I could use to help?

Also, I was thinking of using Brilliant. Is the money worth it, and will it help with more advanced programming?

Thanks !
Original post by georgiema3
Hi, I'm currently studying A level Computer Science, and whilst I have a basic understanding of python code I really want to improve my skills and understanding of programming.

Does anybody know of any websites / youtube videos / projects I could use to help?

Also, I was thinking of using Brilliant. Is the money worth it, and will it help with more advanced programming?

Thanks !

I haven't done A Level Computer Science (nor do I want to), but I am currently looking at projects for the following:

ChatGPT clone

Freecodecamp.org for web development projects

Algorithmic trading bot

Building apps (ideally with the use of ChatGPT)

Blockchain development (doesn't use Python though)

Data science projects looking at stuff like economic data, financial data, etc.

I am tempted to build a game using Python, but I don't think it's the best language to build it with e.g. Unreal (C++) and Unity (C#) tend to be better candidates

I don't know how basic is "basic", since you can pretty much cover the basics with any random website for python e.g.

I do have Brilliant, but it doesn't really go into that much in Python programming. The computer science section has more stuff to do with logic and how computers work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending