The Student Room Group

Lshtm 2020 application

Hello, I had applied to LSHTM: MSc control of infec. diseases in early december. The application portal shows decision under review. Does anyone know how long it will take? If they delayed the decision, more than 6 weeks, I cannot apply for any funding.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I also applied for that course early December and my application shows the same status. From reading last year's group it seems as though people had quite long wait times of over 10 weeks.
Reply 2
Update to the above: it’s been 3.5 weeks since I applied and I just got an offer!
Reply 3
I received my letter of admission yesterday! It also took around 3.5 weeks from the moment I applied.
Reply 4
Original post by astro08
I received my letter of admission yesterday! It also took around 3.5 weeks from the moment I applied.

Congrats, hope to see you there in September!
Congrats🎉 ! May I ask which program you applied to?
Reply 6
Original post by Haminshallah
Congrats🎉 ! May I ask which program you applied to?

I believe everyone above is Control of Infectious Diseases MSc
Reply 7
I applied to the MSc in Epidemiology.
Original post by astro08
I applied to the MSc in Epidemiology.

Thanks for the clarification!
Reply 9
Hello, congrats all ! I also got admission offer after 3.5 weeks in MSc. Control of Infectious disease. Scholarships will decide if I would be able to join you or not in September.
Reply 10
Original post by XY_123
Hello, congrats all ! I also got admission offer after 3.5 weeks in MSc. Control of Infectious disease. Scholarships will decide if I would be able to join you or not in September.

Congrats! Are you attending or are you waiting for other options?
I just got offer from Epidemiology, 2 weeks after submitting my application!
Reply 12
hey everyone! congrats on your offers, is anyone who applied an international student? I am guessing it will take longer for us to hear back.
Reply 13
Original post by nor1993
hey everyone! congrats on your offers, is anyone who applied an international student? I am guessing it will take longer for us to hear back.

I am an international student. I dont really think it makes a difference at all. The difference lies more in the time each department takes to review the applications I think.
Original post by nor1993

I’m also an international student!
Reply 15
Hi all,

I applied in early Jan and my references were submitted in late Jan. My status went from "academic team review" to "admissions processing". Does anyone know what that means? I am just curious as "admissions review" was skipped.

Thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi everyone, congrats to those who have received an offer! I've just paid the application fee and waiting to submit - is it usual for this to take a few days?
Reply 17
Original post by stressed12345
Hi everyone, congrats to those who have received an offer! I've just paid the application fee and waiting to submit - is it usual for this to take a few days?

Hey yeh that’s totally normal - it also worries me haha but Flywire takes a couple of days to send the payment to LSHTM usually.
Original post by med_ID
Hey yeh that’s totally normal - it also worries me haha but Flywire takes a couple of days to send the payment to LSHTM usually.

Thank you!!! :biggrin:
To those who have been waiting for quite a while - have you now received your offer? Just submitted mine a few moments ago (although I've yet to receive an acknowledgement email), now the wait begins...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending