The Student Room Group

LSE MPhil/ PhD 2024/2025

Hi everyone, starting this discussion as I have not seen any thread discussing about MPhil/PhD applications at LSE for 2024 intake in both The Student Room and Reddit :/

May I know if anyone applied and have gotten back answers? I have mostly seen people who applied to MSc getting their results back but not MPhil.

Thank you!

~ p/s: I applied for MPhil/PhD Social Policy on 15 Jan 2024. My documents status changed to "received - not verified" on Thursday, 18 Jan 2024.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Tootash97
Hi everyone, starting this discussion as I have not seen any thread discussing about MPhil/PhD applications at LSE for 2024 intake in both The Student Room and Reddit :/

May I know if anyone applied and have gotten back answers? I have mostly seen people who applied to MSc getting their results back but not MPhil.

Thank you!

~ p/s: I applied for MPhil/PhD Social Policy on 15 Jan 2024. My documents status changed to "received - not verified" on Thursday, 18 Jan 2024.

Hi, submitted mine on 15 Jan as well, applied for MPhil/PhD IR.

I did my MSc at LSE and they'd typically send an offer not too long after application is submitted. Def takes longer for PhD applications (more documents to process) but reading past threads, people heard back on interviews around mid-Feb.
Reply 2
If you applied in mid-January, I think it is waaayyy too early to expect a result. I think mid-February would be the earliest, most likely more towards March.

I could not find info regarding an interview on the programme's page (if there is one). Do you know if LSE does interviews for MPhil/DPhil applicants by default for all (most) programmes?
Reply 3

Thank you!

hi! i also applied to social policy. way back in november… i’ll report if i hear anything.
Reply 4
Original post by nisbamda

Thank you!

I did my MSc at LSE and they'd typically send an offer not too long after application is submitted. Def takes longer for PhD applications (more documents to process) but reading past threads, people heard back on interviews around mid-Feb.

Hi thanks for responding! Yup i think it will take awhile before we'll get the decision :') May I know when you did your MSc, you were not able to register straight to PhD?
Reply 5
Original post by Meredity
If you applied in mid-January, I think it is waaayyy too early to expect a result. I think mid-February would be the earliest, most likely more towards March.

I could not find info regarding an interview on the programme's page (if there is one). Do you know if LSE does interviews for MPhil/DPhil applicants by default for all (most) programmes?

Haha yes i figured it's too early to tell. But i didn't see anyone applying MPhil/PhD from November getting an offer as well, given it's past the 8 weeks :') it's okay, hoping for good results for us!
Reply 6
Original post by lindsayd91

Thank you!

hi! i also applied to social policy. way back in november… i’ll report if i hear anything.

Ahh okay! Wishing for the best!

May I know if you have any background in Social Policy prior to applying? Would love to discuss more on our qualifications if you're interested
Reply 7

Hi thanks for responding! Yup i think it will take awhile before we'll get the decision :') May I know when you did your MSc, you were not able to register straight to PhD?
Sorry for not replying sooner! I did mine in 2021-22 and nope, can't apply for PhD right away and I will still have to go through MPhil if accepted. Not sure if this is only the case for IR though but I believe this applies for any programme.
Hey all! I applied for a MPhil/PhD on January 15, and was emailed yesterday with an interview invite. It probably varies based on programs, I'm doing environmental policy and development, but someone asked about interview responses so I thought I'd share :smile:.
Reply 9
Original post by BlankSpace1234
Hey all! I applied for a MPhil/PhD on January 15, and was emailed yesterday with an interview invite. It probably varies based on programs, I'm doing environmental policy and development, but someone asked about interview responses so I thought I'd share :smile:.

Thank you for sharing!! Do you know if all PhD programmes have interviews? I cannot find information regarding interviews anywhere on my programme's page!
Original post by Meredity
Thank you for sharing!! Do you know if all PhD programmes have interviews? I cannot find information regarding interviews anywhere on my programme's page!

Hi I don't know! Me neither regarding interviews, I didn't know there would be one for my programme. Sorry I can't be of more help but I wish you the best of luck!!
Reply 11
Original post by BlankSpace1234
Hi I don't know! Me neither regarding interviews, I didn't know there would be one for my programme. Sorry I can't be of more help but I wish you the best of luck!!

As far as I know PhD in IR should have interviews but I don't know if it is a rule!
Reply 12
Hello everyone! I applied for an MPhil/PhD in Philosophy on January 13th (all references submitted on January 19th) and am waiting for a response. :smile:
Reply 13
Hello everybody! I applied for an MPhil/PhD in Law on December 1st and I had an interview during the last week of January. I'm currently waiting for a response. Anybody else applying to Law School here?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Nikoss
Hello everybody! I applied for an MPhil/PhD in Law on December 1st and I had an interview during the last week of January. I'm currently waiting for a response. Anybody else applying to Law School here?

Wish you all the best!

Would you mind sharing how long did you wait for the interview invitation?
Reply 15
Original post by Nikoss

I am applying for a PhD in Law, but I didn't receive an invitation for an interview... I guess that's bad news
Hi, I applied for Econ History PHD. Waiting period starts from the day references are received and your application is processed. My ref letters were submitted on 18th Dec. No info till now. Any one else applied to econ hist here?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 17
Hello - did anyone have issues with the LSE for You portal - I can't seem to check my application status
Reply 18
Original post by lemonvu
Hello - did anyone have issues with the LSE for You portal - I can't seem to check my application status

hmm no issues here - is this the link you’re using?

https://lseportal.force.com/admissions/s/track-my-graduate-application
Reply 19
Hi any idea when the funding decision will be out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending