The Student Room Group

Phd in Education - Cambridge - 2024

Hey there, everyone!

I was hoping to find a place to chat about the PhD in Education application process and I think I've found it! Let's use this thread to keep each other in the loop about any upcoming updates, interviews, funding options, or any other timelines that we should be aware of. Basically, anything that you think would be helpful to share!

I'm applying to PEDAL, and I can't wait to catch all the updates on this thread!

Scroll to see replies

Hi there! I've also applied for a PhD in education and had my interview couple of days ago.They told me I should receive acceptance/rejection by mid-Feb..
Original post by toinfinity88
Hi there! I've also applied for a PhD in education and had my interview couple of days ago.They told me I should receive acceptance/rejection by mid-Feb..

Hi! Good luck on your application! I guess we'll have to wait then.... it's so tough though

Wich centre/lab are you applying?
Original post by AnonymuStudent
Hi! Good luck on your application! I guess we'll have to wait then.... it's so tough though

Wich centre/lab are you applying?

Hi, Thank you and all the best to you too!I wasn't asked about a specific centre/lab?
Reply 4

How did the interview go? Any advice? I have mine on Wednesday and am super nervous haha (also a PhD edu applicant)
Hi, Thank you and all the best to you too!I wasn't asked about a specific centre/lab?

I see. As long as your potential supervisor is interested in your project and they think you fit with other colleages, a lab or centre is unimportant
Hiii I am an applicant and I am waiting for my outcome too.
Original post by Mary0000000
Hiii I am an applicant and I am waiting for my outcome too.

Hi Mary!! Welcome to the waiting room and good luck on your application!
Hi Mary!! Welcome to the waiting room and good luck on your application!

Thank you so much dear!! Good luck on your application too!! I hope we can receive offers from Cam ASAP!
when should we expect outcomes?
Well, their website says the "final decision normally takes up to 12 weeks to reach the applicant, but may on occasion take longer." so I wouldn't expect anything before that timeline. I submmited my application a bit before the funding deadline and 12 weeks would be mid-February, so I'm not expecting anything earlier
Reply 11
I had an interview 2 weeks ago but still haven't heard anything (was told they'd let me know the decision in due course) - tbh I don't have high hopes at all as my nerves got the better of me in the interview.
Moved to "Awaiting approval by PAO", guys! Hoping to hear from any funding body soon!
Hi! I;m also an applicant. Just wondering if anybody applied before the funding ddl and hasn't heard anything (e.g. an interview) yet.
Reply 14
Moved to "Awaiting approval by PAO", guys! Hoping to hear from any funding body soon!

Congratulations, that's awesome! If you don't mind me asking, when did you get moved from "under review"? I've been stuck there since early Nov!
Reply 15
Hi everyone! I heard from my proposed supervisor about 3 weeks ago that my application had been approved by the department, but I've been stuck on "under review by department" since December. I reached out to the department for an update and they said they are currently preparing eligible applicants for funding consideration and would be processing most admissions decisions by next Friday, Feb 9th. Sharing in case it is helpful for others to know. Best of luck everyone!
Original post by missmol
Congratulations, that's awesome! If you don't mind me asking, when did you get moved from "under review"? I've been stuck there since early Nov!

Thank you, and best of luck with your application. I went from the department review to the PAO this afternoon (UK time).
Reply 17
Any updates?? Just curious lmao
Original post by hvk123
Any updates?? Just curious lmao

Mine is still under department review. No interview yet
Mine is still under department review. Interviewed on 12/18.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending