The Student Room Group

Cambridge University MPhil in Management (2024-2025)

Creating this thread so this years applicants can get updates on the application process.

I applied late November and my application changed to "under review by department" early December.

Scroll to see replies

I have a update on my application timeline -unfortunately, I received my rejection today

Dec 5: Applied
Jan 24: Interview Invite
Jan 25: Interview
Jan 30: Rejection (update came from the portal)

I hope that this gives you a better understanding of the application timeline. Goodluck to those who have applied!
Original post by randonuser2020
I have a update on my application timeline -unfortunately, I received my rejection today

Dec 5: Applied
Jan 24: Interview Invite
Jan 25: Interview
Jan 30: Rejection (update came from the portal)

I hope that this gives you a better understanding of the application timeline. Goodluck to those who have applied!

Sorry to hear that. What’s your background if you don’t mind me asking? Did they give a reasoning for the rejection?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Abc1234567892
Sorry to hear that. What’s your background if you don’t mind me asking? Did they give a reasoning for the rejection?

my background was in IT. I graduated with a degree in Data Analytics and Mathematics from a ivy league university in the U.S. I did some internships with some non-profits during my degree and also won some micro-grants for a start-up idea.
Original post by SsSelin
Hey so sorry to hear that :frown: I am planning to apply but the interview process seems so scary. Would you mind describing a little how it is?

It was really simple/straightforward so there is nothing to worry about! I received my interview invite 2 days before the interview and was told not to prepare since it was more like a informal chat. The interviewer asks you to run through your CV, asks why you want to apply for management, and other general questions.

I believe that the question messed up on was why am I not applying for technical masters of phd programs since I would receive funding for the start-up work that I am currently pursuing. So my advice is to really know your background/experience and think about ways in which you can elaborate on why you want to pick management as opposed to other programs.
Reply 5
any updates? still under review by the dept.
Reply 6
Original post by john figg
any updates? still under review by the dept.
may i ask when you submitted?
Reply 7
Original post by YvonneLynn
may i ask when you submitted?
late Nov. HBU?
Reply 8
late Nov. HBU?
early Feb. and the status is still submitted
Reply 9
Original post by YvonneLynn
early Feb. and the status is still submitted
OK best of luck. If I may, what is your background?
Reply 10
I got in (got the offer)...about 10 days ago or so. Anyone else? My timeline was about the same as the one described above. If I accept the offer will be going to Fitzwilliam college. Does anyone else know other admits?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by FSCRS0907
I got in (got the offer)...about 10 days ago or so. Anyone else? My timeline was about the same as the one described above. If I accept the offer will be going to Fitzwilliam college. Does anyone else know other admits?
congrats! could you please share your background?
Congrats on the offer! What is the order of status updates in regards to the application portal (submitted/ under review by department/ interview invite etc.)?
Congrats on the offer! What is the order of status updates in regards to the application portal (submitted/ under review by department/ interview invite etc.)?
Status- A college has offered you membership.
Thanks! Philosophy, Politics, & Economics student at KCL, grade in 1st & 2nd years= first (76); 3 internships in different countries (one at a hedge fund, one at a major VC, one at an international law firm). I also did the GMAT and got 730 (mentioned in the quantitative essay part) and a semester abroad at UC Berkeley. However I also got admitted to INSEAD (MIM) and don't know which one to pick...do you have any view on the topic?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 15
Thanks! Philosophy, Politics, & Economics student at KCL, grade in 1st & 2nd years= first (76); 3 internships in different countries (one at a hedge fund, one at a major VC, one at an international law firm). I also did the GMAT and got 730 (mentioned in the quantitative essay part) and a semester abroad at UC Berkeley. However I also got admitted to INSEAD (MIM) and don't know which one to pick...do you have any view on the topic?
Congratulations on the offer! Did you also do an interview? It’s such a good dilemma to have, but the insead programs is an actually MIM programme while the cjbs is an Mphil.
Thanks! Philosophy, Politics, & Economics student at KCL, grade in 1st & 2nd years= first (76); 3 internships in different countries(one at a hedge fund, one at a major VC, one at an international law firm). I also did the GMAT and got 730 (mentioned in thequantitative essay part) and a semester abroad at UC Berkeley. However I also got admitted to INSEAD (MIM) and don't knowwhich one to pick...do you have any view on the topic?
Original post by SsSelin
Congratulations on the offer! Did you also do an interview? It’s such a good dilemma to have, but the insead programs is an actually MIM programme while the cjbs is an Mphil.
Thank you so much! Yes, it only lasted 20 mins though, so I figured they either loved me or hated me. True...I will probably go for INSEAD... good luck with your applications!
Reply 18
i also received the offer on Feb 12, and will be going to Hughes Hall College
Original post by kellyx2
i also received the offer on Feb 12, and will be going to Hughes Hall College

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending