The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Comp Sci

I’ve been made an offer for comp sci at Loughborough, but I’ve heard that the gender ratio between girls and boys is quite different, especially more for my course? What is the ratio between girls and boys for the computer science course?
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been made an offer for comp sci at Loughborough, but I’ve heard that the gender ratio between girls and boys is quite different, especially more for my course? What is the ratio between girls and boys for the computer science course?

Hiya,

Loughborough is know for having a larger male student population than female due to its background in engineering etc. However, this is beginning to even out with each intake overall, despite some courses having an imbalance still. I do not know the specific ratio for Computer Science so hopefully a student will pick this up, but if you can come along to an offer holder day do so as you will be able to chat to current students.

Check out this piece on our women in engineering site from one of our female engineers about similar concerns for her course. I know engineering and Comp Sci are different subjects, but hopefully this reassures you regarding the 'ratio'.

Any further questions PM us.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Hey, Congrats on your offer! I’m hoping to soon receive one myself!I’m assuming you’re a female worried about the course having a larger male ratio? I’m a girl so if that’s the case your not alone! If you’re a boy, don’t worry as I’m sure me and the other girls will mix in with everyone! (That’s if I’m made an offer...fingers crossed) Olivia 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending