The Student Room Group

Lshtm 2020 application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ryan_Ch
Hi all,

I applied in early Jan and my references were submitted in late Jan. My status went from "academic team review" to "admissions processing". Does anyone know what that means? I am just curious as "admissions review" was skipped.

Thanks!

I think you will get reply with 3.5 or 4 weeks.
Reply 21
Original post by XY_123
I think you will get reply with 3.5 or 4 weeks.

Thanks! Guess I just have to be patient then.
Reply 22
Original post by Ryan_Ch
Thanks! Guess I just have to be patient then.

Yep shouldn’t be long, nobody I know that’s applied this year and got an offer has waited any longer than 3 weeks :smile:
Reply 23
Anybody, applied for LSHTM fund and Diana Walford scholarship?
Reply 24
Original post by XY_123
Anybody, applied for LSHTM fund and Diana Walford scholarship?

I did
Reply 25
Hi guys.. question: I applied in January for LSHTM. My status says
Hello! Quick question: both my references were submitted today and my application is now finally off for review. For those who have already received their offers, approximately how long did it take to hear back from them? Someone mentioned that LSHTM are notoriously slow at getting back, so just wondering ...? :hmmmm2:
Reply 27
Original post by stressed12345
Hello! Quick question: both my references were submitted today and my application is now finally off for review. For those who have already received their offers, approximately how long did it take to hear back from them? Someone mentioned that LSHTM are notoriously slow at getting back, so just wondering ...? :hmmmm2:

For most, it took around 3-3.5 weeks.
Original post by bmc121
Hi guys.. question: I applied in January for LSHTM. My status says

what does your status say?
Reply 29
Hey! I just got my offer for LSHTM - Control of Infectious Diseases, 5 weeks after both my references were submitted :smile:
Congratulations!!! :dance:
Reply 31
Original post by nor1993
Hey! I just got my offer for LSHTM - Control of Infectious Diseases, 5 weeks after both my references were submitted :smile:

congrats, hopefully see you in September!!! :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by med_ID
Yep shouldn’t be long, nobody I know that’s applied this year and got an offer has waited any longer than 3 weeks :smile:

Just found out that the reference wasn't submitted successfully. Admissions emailed me to request for the second reference to complete the application review. My referee just sent the reference letter to Admissions via email instead.

Probably have to wait for a few more weeks from now.
Hi all, academic references were submitting on feb 10th

its been on academic review for the last 23 days...i've also been offered a really good job in my field and i'm literally sitting on it until i wait for the masters.
Do I wait for LSHTMs response and not gof or the job or do i go for the job and still wait and pullout when I hear back from the LSHTM
Help me!!!!!
Reply 34
Original post by muzia1402

its been on academic review for the last 23 days...i've also been offered a really good job in my field and i'm literally sitting on it until i wait for the masters.
Do I wait for LSHTMs response and not gof or the job or do i go for the job and still wait and pullout when I hear back from the LSHTM
Help me!!!!!

hey there, I think you should go ahead and contact academic admissions by phone to see if they can speed up the process for you
Reply 35

Help me!!!!!

If it's a "really good job", then I say go for the job. If you then receive an offer at LSHTM, defer. Work experience can only boost your future applications, and it would also form an important foundation for your MSc, as you will be able to keep reflecting on what's being taught and how it applies in real life. And MSc's are only one year, so once you're settled into your job, then asking for a year out (on leave) isn't too bad? Then you'll have something to return to once your MSc ends, and won't have to start a frantic job hunt like everyone else!

Help me!!!!!

Might be best to lightly prod them and find out how much longer it's likely to take - good luck, let us know what you decide!
Reply 37
For those that applied to the Epi course what did your educational background and work experience look like?
Dear All,

Flywire confirmed that my payment of application has been sent to LSHTM on Mar 17 yet there is still no "SUBMIT" button in my online application page by today (Mar 27). I suppose LSHTM has not refresh its financial system ?

I wonder if this is normal or I need to contact the admission office. This is my dream school.

Brgds,

Shawn
Reply 39
Finally got the offer from LSHTM (Health policy, planning and financing). I am in a dilemma whether to attend UCL for Health Data Science or LSHTM, the programmes are so different though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending