The Student Room Group

Higher Engineering Science Assignment 2019/20

I thought I'd create a post for everyone doing Higher engineering this year. How are we feeling about it? We started on Monday and have until the 26th to finish (due to the long weekend).

I personally find the first task quite hard especially the drawing of the MOSFET controlled motor - I tried it on Yenka and it wouldn't do anything.

Also task 3, on the pin table it says Pin 1 is the Set switch, and pin 2 is the release switch, but in both the circuit and the flowchart its the other way round. Is that intentional? The flowchart still works (with amendments but not to those components) perfectly fine.

And for the question where you pick the most suitable method for controlling the system in task 2 (microcontroller, NAND or logic) I put down microcontroller as it can be reprogrammable. Did anyone else do the same? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Any ideas on question 1a
Reply 2
Original post by Notmeatall
Any ideas on question 1a

I did >Error Detector (negative side to the feedback)>Control Unit>Output Driver > Motor>.
for the feedback, I put animal sensor but I may change it to motion.
Sam what did you say the input was and the output
Same*
Reply 5
Sam what did you say the input was and the output

It gives you it on the worksheet.
Original post by HuBeeny

Don't think it does
Don't think it does

Don't

Original post by HuBeeny

I don't see it
Reply 8
One of the worksheets, 1a, has the input and output, and the arrows so you only have to fill in the rest. Ask your teacher maybe you weren't given it.
Ye we were not given it but I have it now
What amendments did u make on 1d question 1 I am struggling a lot
Reply 11
What amendments did u make on 1d question 1 I am struggling a lot

I can't quite remember. I remember switching Rf and Ri values in order for the output voltage being +2.5. I think I also switched the positions of the sensors which resulted in a positive output.
Ok I switched rf and ri also I'll need to try switching the sensors
What question are you up to
Reply 14
What question are you up to

Im basically done. Some of the answers I've done on seperate sheets so i have to write everything out and check for errors.
Nice I'm going to try tackle question 3 left if for last cause 😬😬
Ye what did u do for 1e
What amendments did u make for 3?
Hi everyone, just a reminder that the assignment should be completed independently, and working together on SQA coursework could result in you being penalised for collusion. It's totally fine to have a general discussion about the assignment, exam, topics you're struggling with, but I would advise against asking for help on (or sharing answers for) specific questions from the assignment.
Original post by HuBeeny
I can't quite remember. I remember switching Rf and Ri values in order for the output voltage being +2.5. I think I also switched the positions of the sensors which resulted in a positive output.

what did you do for the second and third amendment on task 1 thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending