The Student Room Group

Do you/did you ever share a room during your childhood?

I'm 15 and I share my room with my 2 younger brothers. We have a bunk bed with a double on the bottom and I sleep on the top. The room isn't that big :redface: Everytime I mention it, people are always like :headfire:

It doesn't bother me

What about you?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I didn't have anyone to share a room with :nah: I was alright with that though
Despite that, my parents were close friends with a few people who also had kids, who I became really close friends with, so they'd sometimes bring them over for sleepovers and vice versa :wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Only when I was staying with my auntie and uncle
Original post by Obolinda
I'm 15 and I share my room with my 2 brothers. We have a bunk bed with a double on the bottom and I sleep on the top. The room isn't that big :redface: Everytime I mention it, people are always like :headfire:

It doesn't bother me

What about you?

Are your parents aware of this?
"Legislation states if children over the age of 10 of the opposite sex are sharing a bedroom they should have their own rooms otherwise this is considered overcrowding"
I'm 15 and I share my room with my 2 brothers. We have a bunk bed with a double on the bottom and I sleep on the top. The room isn't that big :redface: Everytime I mention it, people are always like :headfire:

It doesn't bother me

What about you?

No I had my own room.
I have always shared😊
I shared a bedroom with my older (by 2 years) brother until I was 7.
Yes. I have to share a room with that beast.
Original post by Chronoscope
I didn't have anyone to share a room with :nah: I was alright with that though
Despite that, my parents were close friends with a few people who also had kids, who I became really close friends with, so they'd sometimes bring them over for sleepovers and vice versa :wink:

sounds fun! :biggrin: I never really had any sleepover, bar one!

Original post by gjd800
Only when I was staying with my auntie and uncle

Ooo ok.

Original post by Muttley79
Are your parents aware of this?
"Legislation states if children over the age of 10 of the opposite sex are sharing a bedroom they should have their own rooms otherwise this is considered overcrowding"

yes, they are. But it's dependent on the council rehousing us and already have school and work near us

Original post by Blackstarr
I have always shared😊

twinss

Original post by Dunya
Yes. I have to share a room with that beast.

:biggrin:
I did when I was really young, pretty sure I ended up getting my own room when I was around 6-7.
I’m an only child. The only thing I share my room with is my stuffed animals. 🧸
Original post by 5hyl33n
I’m an only child. The only thing I share my room with is my stuffed animals. 🧸

would you prefer to share? :smile:
i used to share a room with my sister till i was 10 or 11 now i have my own room
would you prefer to share? :smile:

I don’t think so. It would be a very big change for me and I’m a very big fan of privacy. You don’t really get privacy when sharing a room, as I’ve heard.

yes, they are. But it's dependent on the council rehousing us and already have school and work near us

That makes it tricky - have you got somewhere you can study without being interrupted?
Original post by 5hyl33n
I don’t think so. It would be a very big change for me and I’m a very big fan of privacy. You don’t really get privacy when sharing a room, as I’ve heard.

fair :smile: I only sleep there and dress up in my mum's room
That makes it tricky - have you got somewhere you can study without being interrupted?

the kitchen but it's not uninterrupted, lol. I guess school and the library too but I'm more comfortable at home.
the kitchen but it's not uninterrupted, lol. I guess school and the library too but I'm more comfortable at home.

I think most people are more comfortable at home :smile:

I hope you find enough 'space' to get the time you need.
I think most people are more comfortable at home :smile:

I hope you find enough 'space' to get the time you need.

thank you! you are very nice
Thankfully not. My brothers always shared so their room was much bigger. I had the wee box room but at least it was just mine. I hate the thought of living with people now. I never lived in halls or a houseshare either.

Quick Reply

Latest