The Student Room Group

Banking (risk management at LBG) or Accounting (Tax at Grant Thornton)

Received two graduate offers, one from LBG for risk and one from Grant Thornton for Tax. Unsure which to accept as my tax role is quite a commute which would make studying for the ACA more difficult. Both are quite well paid roles and ofc I feel as though ACA opens lots of doors but feel as though risk would be more interesting and is less of a commute. LBG also fund a risk management qualification. Any advice? Not really set on any career path I think its too early for me to be hence why im trying to base the decision on which role will open up more opportunities and be more interesting. Appreciate any advice.
Reply 1
Original post by karishmapatel26
Received two graduate offers, one from LBG for risk and one from Grant Thornton for Tax. Unsure which to accept as my tax role is quite a commute which would make studying for the ACA more difficult. Both are quite well paid roles and ofc I feel as though ACA opens lots of doors but feel as though risk would be more interesting and is less of a commute. LBG also fund a risk management qualification. Any advice? Not really set on any career path I think its too early for me to be hence why im trying to base the decision on which role will open up more opportunities and be more interesting. Appreciate any advice.

Congratulations! Thats a great position to be in.
Original post by ajj2000
Congratulations! Thats a great position to be in.

Thank you! Yes I do feel very grateful as I remember the struggle of graduate applications!! But persistence does pay off
Thank you! Yes I do feel very grateful as I remember the struggle of graduate applications!! But persistence does pay off

so which did you pick and why?

Personally would take the risk role of offering FRM as that will also open many doors (if CRC maybe not though...) albeit pigeon holing yourself into banking risk management/FS consulting early in your career is the trade off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending