The Student Room Group

SRUC Barony/Dumfries 2020 Applicants

Hi guys! Not seen a thread for us yet and wanted to chat to some people before I head to SRUC in September. If enough people join we can start a gc?

A bit about me:
My name is Amy
I’ve applied to Veterinary Nursing (and accepted the offer)
My favourite colour is green
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My name is Kourtney.
I have a conditional offer for applied animal science.
My favourite colour is red.
Reply 2
Original post by Kmck2002
My name is Kourtney.
I have a conditional offer for applied animal science.
My favourite colour is red.

Hi Kourtney! Nice to meet you :smile: I had an, unconditional, offer for the applied animal science too apart from mine was for the Edinburgh campus. Are you thinking of going into student accommodation for the first year?
Hi!! I’ve accepted a conditional offer for wildlife and conservation management.

My name’s Abbie,
And favourite colour is green as well
Reply 4
Original post by abbiecraig02
Hi!! I’ve accepted a conditional offer for wildlife and conservation management.

My name’s Abbie,
And favourite colour is green as well

Hi Abbie, nice to meet you :smile: that’s cool, are you thinking of going into student accommodation for the first year ?
Original post by AC79
Hi Abbie, nice to meet you :smile: that’s cool, are you thinking of going into student accommodation for the first year ?

Yeah!! I’m from East Kilbride so going into accommodation will be easier for me. How about you??
Reply 6
Yeah!! I’m from East Kilbride so going into accommodation will be easier for me. How about you??

Me too! Just sent my application the other day, I’m from the Highlands so definitely would be easier hahah
Original post by AC79
Me too! Just sent my application the other day, I’m from the Highlands so definitely would be easier hahah

That’s so exciting!! Do you have instagram or anything so it would be easier for us to chat?? Would be nice to know some people before we go if that’s okay with you, but if not then i totally understand! x
Reply 8
That’s so exciting!! Do you have instagram or anything so it would be easier for us to chat?? Would be nice to know some people before we go if that’s okay with you, but if not then i totally understand! x

Yes of course! My snapchat is *edited out* and ig is *edited out* x
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AC79
Yes of course! My snapchat is amy_storm and ig is amy_colliar x

great!! I’ll go add you on then the now x
Howdy all, my name's Matt. I recently applied, I'm comin out yonder from the states. Just moved to Dumfries. I was wonderin, (if anyone knows) aprox when folk hear back from SRUC Barony? I didnt get an offer, I kinda came on the place by force of luck, and applied for the Agriculture program for September 2020. I put it in early march, got a couple emails back regarding transcript details, and then comms went dark. Any advice? New to both the area, culture, and school systems. They work WAY differently back home. This is the closest link to any information I could find on prospective applicants. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 11
Original post by MuricaMade
Howdy all, my name's Matt. I recently applied, I'm comin out yonder from the states. Just moved to Dumfries. I was wonderin, (if anyone knows) aprox when folk hear back from SRUC Barony? I didnt get an offer, I kinda came on the place by force of luck, and applied for the Agriculture program for September 2020. I put it in early march, got a couple emails back regarding transcript details, and then comms went dark. Any advice? New to both the area, culture, and school systems. They work WAY differently back home. This is the closest link to any information I could find on prospective applicants. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Matt! I heard back really quickly for my offer although took a while for my interview before. Obviously COVID-19 has messed up quite a few things but I shot them an email the other day and they replied the next day so if you’re needing questions answered I would send them an email. Normal regulations here are that universities can make offers up until like May but I don’t know if they’re still running with this, however, we haven’t been told otherwise. Hope this helped a bit :smile:
I’ve not been able to find anyone goin to SRUC in Edinburgh till I’ve seen this, I’ve got an offer for applied animal science x
Reply 13
Original post by User183861
I’ve not been able to find anyone goin to SRUC in Edinburgh till I’ve seen this, I’ve got an offer for applied animal science x

Hi there! This is a discussion for SRUC in Dumfries, however, I did receive an offer for the same course as you in Edinburgh but did not accept it x
hiya! i’m iona and i had a last minute career change to do vet nursing instead of graphic design lol, so i’m doing the hnc animal care, then hopefully onto vet nursing
Reply 15
Original post by ionafisher
hiya! i’m iona and i had a last minute career change to do vet nursing instead of graphic design lol, so i’m doing the hnc animal care, then hopefully onto vet nursing

Hi Iona, nice to meet you! Wow that’s quite a change, can I ask why? Are you looking to go into student accommodation too? :smile:
yeah i am! i’ve always liked art and loved graphics in school, and then in like s3 i saw graphic design was a career which just seemed like the dream job, so my head was just set on graphic design since then. so then i applied for it at uni, and got an unsuccessful from napier and then i just started thinking about other careers hahahah which seems dramatic cause it’s literally just one unsuccessful. but anyway, i withdrew my other 4 applications for graphic design because i realised i love working with animals and i’ve always lived on a farm. sooo, i was going to take a gap year to work on farms/travel but then i realised i could do animal care then go into vet nursing hahahha. sorry that was like a whole
life story
Reply 17
yeah i am! i’ve always liked art and loved graphics in school, and then in like s3 i saw graphic design was a career which just seemed like the dream job, so my head was just set on graphic design since then. so then i applied for it at uni, and got an unsuccessful from napier and then i just started thinking about other careers hahahah which seems dramatic cause it’s literally just one unsuccessful. but anyway, i withdrew my other 4 applications for graphic design because i realised i love working with animals and i’ve always lived on a farm. sooo, i was going to take a gap year to work on farms/travel but then i realised i could do animal care then go into vet nursing hahahha. sorry that was like a whole
life story

That’s really interesting! I’m also very into art but I know it can be quite a tough career and felt I wouldn’t thrive as well doing it full time. I applied for a few different subjects on my UCAS - all animal related - and after receiving interviews but then rejections I was also thinking about a gap year for travelling and working on our farm. Glad it didn’t come to that though in the end.

Once you’ve done the animal care do you then have to apply for the vet nursing to get into the course?

@abbiecraig02 (further up thread) and I both have each other on snapchat and instagram, if you have either of these I could set up a wee groupchat if you like? Don’t feel pressure if you don’t want to though!

:smile:
ooh yeah that’s good. yeah i’ll have to apply for vet nursing next year so hopefully i get into that hahahha, not sure what i’ll do if i don’t. my instas @iona.fisher and my snapchat’s @iona.tbs, a group chat would be cool!!
Reply 19
ooh yeah that’s good. yeah i’ll have to apply for vet nursing next year so hopefully i get into that hahahha, not sure what i’ll do if i don’t. my instas @iona.fisher and my snapchat’s @iona.tbs, a group chat would be cool!!

Fingers crossed!! It’s not a large group right now in comparison to other unis but best we can. Will go add you now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest