The Student Room Group

Final Fantasy 7 Remake....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ANM775
but it's not a short cut at all. and you'll see that when you reach the part in the story where you go the normal way...

i don't mind...... admit it, you're a tifa fanboy.
Reply 61
anywhoo, i'm chapter 13 now ... not a million miles away from the end.

I would give this game a 9.3/10

criticisms:

graphics were dodgy with 1 or 2 of the character models [that brown girls mouth especially..]
map goal points were sometimes inaccurate to a large degree
the game is quite linear [although due to the fact they're doing midgar it can't really be helped]
poor AI when it comes to your teammates
status icons are hard to decipher/could have been drawn with more logical symbols [every ff game they change the symbols now..]

There's also too much sephiroth. He shoudn't even be in this part.

praise:

The best implementation of a real time battle system in any rpg i've played.
They really nailed the music in some parts, and it really creates the atmosphere
They made the game fairly challenging but not excessively so
I thought the way the did wall market was brilliant...
Most of the changes they made in the game work quite well
Reply 62
Original post by Ciel.
i don't mind...... admit it, you're a tifa fanboy.

i thought she looked better in her blue dress than aerith did in hers ... :smile:

cloud just looked fugley tbh.....
Reply 63
Original post by ANM775
i thought she looked better in her blue dress than aerith did in hers ... :smile:

cloud just looked fugley tbh.....

now you're hating on seph, too. he's so hot, how dare you. 😂 cloud is cute, too. think it's time for me to unwatch this thread, lol! how many chapters are there btw
Reply 64
Original post by Ciel.
now you're hating on seph, too. he's so hot, how dare you. 😂 cloud is cute, too. think it's time for me to unwatch this thread, lol! how many chapters are there btw

no i mean he looked fugley in his dress.
not convincing at all imo...

18 chapters apparently, some are taking me much longer than others..
Reply 65
Original post by ANM775
no i mean he looked fugley in his dress.
not convincing at all imo...

18 chapters apparently, some are taking me much longer than others..

oh, yeah. i don't really like his dress either. ohh, 18. not too bad.
Have you checked out reddit? There’s loads of final fantasy groups, with thousands of members, it’s really fun checking what other people think 2, some awesome memes as well
Reply 67
Original post by sara.ads
Have you checked out reddit? There’s loads of final fantasy groups, with thousands of members, it’s really fun checking what other people think 2, some awesome memes as well

i'm still not finished the game yet. I feel as if i go on reddit i'm going to run into some major spoilers.....
Fair enough, I‘ve managed to avoid any big spoilers so far, but defo worth a look afterwards 😀
Reply 69
also does anyone notice how on the box it says this game takes 100GB

but when you install it, the file is less than 50GB

what's up with that?!?? :confused:
Reply 70
shop.to received my extra copy today and confirmed by refund.

from looking at their site, the game is very popular and they are still out of stock.

i have a spare chocobo chick summon materia code if anyone wants to buy it off me.... :smile:

price £3
Reply 71
is it me or is the chocobo chick summon materia kinda crap?

it's worse than second tier fire/blizzard/lightening spells..., only benefit is that it doesn't cost MP

it comes up for use often in sub boss fights, but still............, i'm not finding it that useful.

i am on chapter 14 now and trying to wrap up most of the side quests. i've noticed they've changed something major [storywise] that happened in the original.

Not sure how I feel about this.

makes me wonder about Aerith now in future instalments, will she...................
Reply 72
ok, just finished the game.

I must have played about 7/8 hours today [very unlike me]

I feel as though Square Enix have changed too much in the game, that it's not exactly FF7 Remake anymore, but FF7 Alternate reality.

Those that have played the original will see some big changes towards the end that go way beyond simply a re-telling. Key Story events have been changed/altered.

The end was a bit too "epic" as well. Nothing like how the original midgar part finished.
Honestly it looked like something outta Advent Children [but playable]

I still think the game is a very good game, but they've made enough changes to cause a fair bit of controversy with die-hard fans.

A bit too much boss fights in the last two chapters too.., only 1 boss there gave me the game over screen [3 times],

overall i think i must have put in about 60 hours.
apparently most people complete it in 40....

i do think i got 80%+ of side quests and stuff done though....
Original post by ANM775
ok, just finished the game.

I must have played about 7/8 hours today [very unlike me]

I feel as though Square Enix have changed too much in the game, that it's not exactly FF7 Remake anymore, but FF7 Alternate reality.

Those that have played the original will see some big changes towards the end that go way beyond simply a re-telling. Key Story events have been changed/altered.

The end was a bit too "epic" as well. Nothing like how the original midgar part finished.
Honestly it looked like something outta Advent Children [but playable]

I still think the game is a very good game, but they've made enough changes to cause a fair bit of controversy with die-hard fans.

A bit too much boss fights in the last two chapters too.., only 1 boss there gave me the game over screen [3 times],

overall i think i must have put in about 60 hours.
apparently most people complete it in 40....

i do think i got 80%+ of side quests and stuff done though....

I thought it wasn’t a complete game? I heard they were releasing it as episodes... is this not the case?
Reply 74
Original post by ThuggerThugger
I thought it wasn’t a complete game? I heard they were releasing it as episodes... is this not the case?

Yes, they are.
Reply 75
anyone else finished the game yet?

@Ciel.
Reply 77
Original post by ANM775

@Ciel.

nope, i've been too busy with my art project.

aww nooo
Original post by ANM775
Yes, they are.

How long did it take to beat it then? it seems like shady business releasing only part of the game yet charging the standard full retail price.
Original post by ANM775

@Ciel.

Not yet, I’ve started crisis core, want to complete that before I finish the remake

Quick Reply

Latest