The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

She’s said hurtful comments before and I don’t understand why she’s (yet again) bringing it up, as if she has any right to discuss the matter. Even worse, she tries to justify it by stating her lesbian friend agrees with her.

If you have those opinions, don’t share them on such a large platform where you may influence others to think negatively about trans people. They face enough prejudice as it is without comments like that.

Edit: I’d also like to add, her comment about her life being “shaped by being female” is BS. She made up the name Robert Galbraith and signed off books under JK Rowling to sound more masculine as she believed it would be more accepted. Trans people are also continuously discriminated against and she hasn’t marched once to support them - despite saying she would. She has hurt, and continues to hurt, so many people.
(edited 3 years ago)
Someone had to call it out, glad she did, don't get what's so outrageous about the word "woman" lol, yes transmen exist, but are a very small minority of people, and the whole "people who menstruate..." honestly counterproductive imho
(edited 3 years ago)
love or hate her she do be speaking facts tho

She has a right to air her views, just because some people disagree with her, doesn't make her wrong. I'm not against trans people, they're still human and have as much importance as anyone else.
she gave £1 million to the labour party :hand:
wrongthink
A 6'4 bearded man is entitled to call himself a woman if he wants to. But don't expect everyone else to validate it.
Reply 9
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
Someone had to call it out, glad she did, don't get what's so outrageous about the word "woman" lol, yes transmen exist, but are a very small minority of people, and the whole "people who menstruate..." honestly counterproductive imho

sure, she's free to have her own beliefs. but why post them during pride month?
Reply 10
Its like shes trying to prolong her time in the public eye.
I just looked at her Twitter and she has made 9 posts about this. She needs to let it go and live with the fact that everyone has moved on from her.
Reply 11
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Its like shes trying to prolong her time in the public eye.
I just looked at her Twitter and she has made 9 posts about this. She needs to let it go and live with the fact that everyone has moved on from her.

and not a single post about blm. she only supports gay and black people when it financially benefits her lmao. dumbledore. *cough* black hermione *cough*
Reply 12
Original post by Ciel.
and not a single post about blm. she only supports gay and black people when it financially benefits her lmao. dumbledore. *cough* black hermione *cough*

Exactly. She does it to get herself a bit of attention every now and then. Seems like she relies on people online for attention and comfort which is just desperate.
If she didnt seem so ignorant, I would feel bad for her.
She's a transphobe and thoroughly unpleasant.
Reply 14
Original post by ChrisW99
A 6'4 bearded man is entitled to call himself a woman if he wants to. But don't expect everyone else to validate it.

This, end thread.

Gender and Sex are different though, just respect people even if you disagree with them. that's all people need to do.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Ciel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/jk-rowling-twitter-black-lives-matter-george-floyd-ickabog-a9542741.html%3famp

she has supported BLM though and I recall you basically saying why are pride marches cancelled and BLM protests not cancelled?
Reply 16
Original post by daintydaisy
as if she has any right to discuss the matter

Everyone has ever right to discuss any matter.
Reply 17
Original post by Admit-One
She's a transphobe and thoroughly unpleasant.

Why is she a transphobe?
She’s said hurtful comments before
You mean she has implied she has opinions a vocal minority of people don't agree with before.
and I don’t understand why she’s (yet again) bringing it up, as if she has any right to discuss the matter.
She has every right to talk about whatever she wants to. She literally does, even if you wish she didn't. And that includes women's sex based rights.
If you have those opinions, don’t share them on such a large platform where you may influence others to think negatively about trans people. They face enough prejudice as it is without comments like that.
You mean in case one encourages a person to have an opinion that differs from that which many Trans people would make mandatory for everyone to hold if they could.
Trans people are also continuously discriminated against and she hasn’t marched once to support them - despite saying she would.
I might change my mind about marching to support a group of people too if I realised a large proportion of them wished to police the way I think and have the power to control my use of my own language.
She has hurt, and continues to hurt, so many people.
Boo hoo. No-one has the right not to have their feelings hurt by somebody feeling differently about something.
Original post by Ciel.
sure, she's free to have her own beliefs. but why post them during pride month?
Because there is no such thing as a month of the year where somebody shouldn't feel free to talk about something.
Reply 19
Original post by bj27
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/jk-rowling-twitter-black-lives-matter-george-floyd-ickabog-a9542741.html%3famp

she has supported BLM though and I recall you basically saying why are pride marches cancelled and BLM protests not cancelled?

aww, 3 sentences, sweet.
and i stand by what i said. i don't see the relevance?
Original post by awkwardshortguy
You mean she has implied she has opinions a vocal minority of people don't agree with before.She has every right to talk about whatever she wants to. She literally does, even if you wish she didn't. And that includes women's sex based rights.You mean in case one encourages a person to have an opinion that differs from that which many Trans people would make mandatory for everyone to hold if they could.I might change my mind about marching to support a group of people too if I realised a large proportion of them wished to police the way I think and have the power to control my use of my own language.Boo hoo. No-one has the right not to have their feelings hurt by somebody feeling differently about something.Because there is no such thing as a month of the year where somebody shouldn't feel free to talk about something.

then she shouldn't cry about getting hate.

Latest

Trending

Trending