The Student Room Group

Will I get accused of plagiarism?

HIya! I have just submitted a supplementary report for my biology degree yesterday and today realised i forgot to add the bibliography at the end. There are in-text citations. I sent my lecturer a version with the bibliography but explained I understand that he probably won't be able to mark this version. Am I going to be accused of plagiarism because the version I submitted didn't have the bibliography at the end?
Any help is appraciated!!
Reply 1
You won't be awarded some marks but I doubt anything more than that.
Original post by libbyemery
HIya! I have just submitted a supplementary report for my biology degree yesterday and today realised i forgot to add the bibliography at the end. There are in-text citations. I sent my lecturer a version with the bibliography but explained I understand that he probably won't be able to mark this version. Am I going to be accused of plagiarism because the version I submitted didn't have the bibliography at the end?
Any help is appraciated!!

Hi there

It is hard to say, as each course and marker will be different. If you have referenced, I doubt you will get pulled up for plagiarism, as you are still acknowledging that it is someone else's work. However, you may get penalised for incorrect referencing.
I wouldn't worry about being accused of plagiarism, as that accusation would be very harsh.

Hope this helps
Adam - Uni of Kent Rep
did u check the similarity percentage on turn it in?? if it's high then they will probably accuse u of plagurism
Reply 4
Original post by University of Kent Reps
Hi there

It is hard to say, as each course and marker will be different. If you have referenced, I doubt you will get pulled up for plagiarism, as you are still acknowledging that it is someone else's work. However, you may get penalised for incorrect referencing.
I wouldn't worry about being accused of plagiarism, as that accusation would be very harsh.

Hope this helps
Adam - Uni of Kent Rep

Hiya! Thanks so much for responding!! I emailed my lecturer and was able to resubmit with the bibliography at the end without any penialising/capped marks, but thank you again for setting my mind at ease should I not have been able to do that :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by cherlloydfan1
did u check the similarity percentage on turn it in?? if it's high then they will probably accuse u of plagurism

Hiya! Thanks for responding, it was only 1% and that was for a subtitle i had to use as per instructions from the uni. I've resolved the issue now but thanks again for your response :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by gjd800
You won't be awarded some marks but I doubt anything more than that.

Hey! thanks for your response, I've managed to resolve the issue now, but thats what i thought , i just needed to check and get 2nd opinions- i wouldn't be able to go into my final year if i failed this module again haha, but thanks again for taking time to respond to my query!
Reply 7
Original post by libbyemery
Hey! thanks for your response, I've managed to resolve the issue now, but thats what i thought , i just needed to check and get 2nd opinions- i wouldn't be able to go into my final year if i failed this module again haha, but thanks again for taking time to respond to my query!

Really glad you got sorted, thanks for the update! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending