The Student Room Group

Border force detection dog handler august 2019

Hi everyone, I’ve recently applied for the border force detection dog handler position both in Manchester and in Gatwick and I’m wondering whether anyone has had any further updates? Or if there’s anyone who knows of any contact information? Thankyou
Hi Daniel, from what I can gather from others on this site who have applied to be BF officers, is not to take any notice of any time scale BF give you. Apply for as many jobs as possible. All the best.
I applied for the Manchester one dog handler and also on a reserve list for border force assistant officer also at Manchester. My application just says received. I’m not holding my breath as only two posts going but thought I may as well try!
Yes same here! I have emailed but they say they haven’t got the results back from the sift yet. I’m just struggling to find any contact information apart from a general recruitment email
Original post by Daniel_eckstein
Yes same here! I have emailed but they say they haven’t got the results back from the sift yet. I’m just struggling to find any contact information apart from a general recruitment email

Any news?
Reply 5
Any news on your applications you must have started by now?
Reply 6
Original post by 21222324
Any news on your applications you must have started by now?

i doubt they have started. Average wait time for these jobs is like 15 months from start to finish.
Reply 7
Original post by MOJ12345
i doubt they have started. Average wait time for these jobs is like 15 months from start to finish.

Suppose. Would be good to know, if they got any further in the process though 10 months down the line.
Reply 8
Original post by 21222324
Suppose. Would be good to know, if they got any further in the process though 10 months down the line.

Of course, I’m currently waiting for a start date. Passed SC back in March. I’m about 13 months into the process lol
Reply 9
Of course, I’m currently waiting for a start date. Passed SC back in March. I’m about 13 months into the process lol

Damn. That’s quite a while. Was that just one campaign and no delays on your part? Did you apply for dog handler or general

Hey, curious if you had any update? Was this for dog handler? How long did it take for your sc link to come through and checks be complete once you received your provisional offer?
I didn’t even get an interview. I’m waiting on a job off for AO at Manchester airport. Applied November 2018!!! My reserve list was extended this April due to Covid 🙄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending