The Student Room Group

Border force oct 2022 mobile and core teams

Hi all,
Anyone applied for this particular job closing date was 26/10/22... I'm awaiting interview results any idea how long is the process please any info will be greatfull....
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ims777
Hi all, Anyone applied for this particular job closing date was 26/10/22... I'm awaiting interview results any idea how long is the process please any info will be greatfull....

Hi mate not applied for that specific job but from experience and currently working for home office what I can tell you is civil service recruitment can take a while its a long process after passing the interview clearance alone can take from couple of weeks to couple or even few months....hold tight civil service jobs take much longer then normal!! For example there was a border force campaign in April for which people are still awaiting the start dates nd for civil service in general start to finish particularly home office/ border force 3months plus is normal or even so I know someone who applied in 2019 n only got job offer (bdw that was a one off case) all I'd say is it'll all be worth it trust me and hopefully u hear something back soon
Reply 2
Thanks Rauf..appreciate it
Original post by Ims777
Hi all,
Anyone applied for this particular job closing date was 26/10/22... I'm awaiting interview results any idea how long is the process please any info will be greatfull....

I’m in the same boat as you mate. Did my interview on the 3rd October. Last Monday (14th Nov) my status in the recruitment page changed from Interview Slot Booked to Awaiting Interview Results. I’m keen to find out how long from when the status changes to getting the results.

Good luck mate.
Hi all,

There is already a thread running for this campaign with quite a few applicants on there.
Reply 5
Original post by It’sonlyDanT
I’m in the same boat as you mate. Did my interview on the 3rd October. Last Monday (14th Nov) my status in the recruitment page changed from Interview Slot Booked to Awaiting Interview Results. I’m keen to find out how long from when the status changes to getting the results.

Good luck mate.

Thanks for the reply and good luck to you too pal.....
I have and I am still at 'the interview is being reviewed stage' that was updated on the 14/11
About 2 months from video interview to them reviewing it

They got plenty to go through
I did my interview on 22 October and received email on 22 December that

You have reached the required standard, but we are unable to offer you a job immediately.
We have placed you on a reserve list from which future appointments may be made
Is Anyone pass interview or received email ?
What they will do after putting on reserve list for 12 months ?
Is there any chance to be call ?

Original post by It’sonlyDanT

Good luck mate.
I think there’s another recruiting campaign in February or April

Where were you successful for?
Original post by rocketmanbkk
I think there’s another recruiting campaign in February or April

Where were you successful for?

I’m on reserve list for Birmingham.
(Original post by Imran0028)I’m on reserve list for Birmingham.

the smaller hubs need less staff
Hi guys,

I've ended up on here while lurking around 😅 Border force officer Heathrow (having to relocate)

So is there anyone who is having to relocate to Heathrow from you guys with a start date around January/February and worried about the accommodation etc?

The plan is if there's 4 or 5 of us we can try sharing a house on rent as rent wise if we split the money it could work out so much cheaper plus we won't be having to live with complete strangers from different walks of life nd there will be a better understanding bw us all doing the same job in a similar setting (it's only a suggestion)
If there is anyone interested please feel free to send me a private message so we can sort this as we are on 28th of Dec and time is fast approaching
Does anyone have any idea how long the ASC1 - EIC - take?

Cheers
Anyone got a start date. I already work in Enforcement and looking to go baxk the Heathrow having previously worked there. Recruitment e-mail is appalling even like before. They just say awaiting checks to be done and waiting for vancany holder. I got an e-mail letter from the Chief operating staff welcoming me and saying that mt first role would be in pcp across terminal but this was very vague. All my previous contact have already left the recruitment team based at Heathrow so im in the dark. Any answer that you guys have received would help. If anyone going to Heathrow or Langley. I can answer any questions as I have worked in both locations.
Reply 15
Hey can anyone post some example questions? I'd like to know what to expect when I do mine
Reply 16
Original post by Ims777
Hi all,

Hello I have been invited to an interview but I'm unsure what to expect. Can you provide any actual example questions please?
Original post by Nandos786
Anyone got a start date. I already work in Enforcement and looking to go baxk the Heathrow having previously worked there. Recruitment e-mail is appalling even like before. They just say awaiting checks to be done and waiting for vancany holder. I got an e-mail letter from the Chief operating staff welcoming me and saying that mt first role would be in pcp across terminal but this was very vague. All my previous contact have already left the recruitment team based at Heathrow so im in the dark. Any answer that you guys have received would help. If anyone going to Heathrow or Langley. I can answer any questions as I have worked in both locations.

Yes for 3rd of may
Original post by Mike2023
Yes for 3rd of may

They are Home office specific integrity checks or what what they call (additional security checks) on top of the clearance if you already hold it nd assume it has already been checked! Unfortunately it's case by case basis with no time frame from past experience it is from weeks to months once cleared that is when offer/start date is confirmed!!
Unless you're an RTF (regional task force) you do start at pcp which is being an immigration officer at primary control point you're not trained for customs thats a separate role again unless u either get an opportunity later to be dual trained or join a team which does both you're a Border force immigration officer :smile: hope this helps
Original post by Rauf7861
They are Home office specific integrity checks or what what they call (additional security checks) on top of the clearance if you already hold it nd assume it has already been checked! Unfortunately it's case by case basis with no time frame from past experience it is from weeks to months once cleared that is when offer/start date is confirmed!!
Unless you're an RTF (regional task force) you do start at pcp which is being an immigration officer at primary control point you're not trained for customs thats a separate role again unless u either get an opportunity later to be dual trained or join a team which does both you're a Border force immigration officer :smile: hope this helps

I think u replied to the wrong person ! I only mentioned a start date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending