The Student Room Group

How to style this dress?

I bought this recently but do not know how to style it. Tips will be appreciated :smile:

20200617_195141.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Lovely dress by the way, why do you want to style it? Xx
Reply 2
Original post by Karisa96
Lovely dress by the way, why do you want to style it? Xx

I meant how to wear it :frown: . I bought this in size 8 and I have no clue how to wear this. Like which coloured shoes would go with it or what type of look?
Original post by Moon_Water
I meant how to wear it :frown: . I bought this in size 8 and I have no clue how to wear this. Like which coloured shoes would go with it or what type of look?

I guess hun, re shoes are you thinking flat or with heels? Are you thinking bare legged or wearing tights, any type of jewellery? Xx
I bought this recently but do not know how to style it. Tips will be appreciated :smile:

20200617_195141.jpg

Black or gold heels?
Reply 5

20200617_195141.jpg

probably white, Grey, silver or gold, brown high heels
This dress is really beautiful and I think you should wear it with dazzling heels for a glamourous look. I am sharing my suggestions below:

8-lot3112_1.jpg
These JIMMY CHOO Pink Myla Heels are my favorite. I bought it for my brother's wedding and it really makes you look perfect no matter what are you wearing. I love the color and heel size also. You can easily walk and rock in these heels.

11-lot3218_1.jpg

JIMMY CHOO Multicolor Carrie Glitter Heels are one of the best choices for a glamourous look. If you are comfortable with the size then just go for it.

Apart from designer footwear, you can try some accessories like bracelets and trendy jewelry for completing the look.
Original post by Karisa96
I guess hun, re shoes are you thinking flat or with heels? Are you thinking bare legged or wearing tights, any type of jewellery? Xx

tights would look hideous. Wear it bear legged with some nude colour heels. you could put some jewellery on, like a necklace and some hooped earrings
Original post by 5hyl33n
Black or gold heels?

If those are the only two options I'd go with gold. Paired with the same coloured jewellery
Reply 9
Nice!
Go with whatever you feel happiest with 😊
Original post by SweetSexySavage
tights would look hideous. Wear it bear legged with some nude colour heels. you could put some jewellery on, like a necklace and some hooped earrings

Tights would be pretty hideola, yes. Instant way to "Mum" a dress.

Hopefully the OP won't be wearing it with those nasty trashy extensions the model's got, either.
Original post by Reality Check
Tights would be pretty hideola, yes. Instant way to "Mum" a dress.

Hopefully the OP won't be wearing it with those nasty trashy extensions the model's got, either.

Tights are so out of fashion and yes they have such a 'mum' vibe particularly when paired with stylish dresses.

I hope not, with a dress like that the best way to add class to it is to keep it simple
Original post by Neha Shukla
This dress is really beautiful and I think you should wear it with dazzling heels for a glamourous look. I am sharing my suggestions below:

8-lot3112_1.jpg
These JIMMY CHOO Pink Myla Heels are my favorite. I bought it for my brother's wedding and it really makes you look perfect no matter what are you wearing. I love the color and heel size also. You can easily walk and rock in these heels.

11-lot3218_1.jpg

JIMMY CHOO Multicolor Carrie Glitter Heels are one of the best choices for a glamourous look. If you are comfortable with the size then just go for it.

Apart from designer footwear, you can try some accessories like bracelets and trendy jewelry for completing the look.

I don’t think the first pair would suit the dress but that’s just my opinion.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 5hyl33n
No offence but both of those shoes are disgusting. Especially the first pair lol.

I'm glad you said that, because I was thinking the same thing. Just because they've got 'Jimmy Choo' in them doesn't mean they don't look like they belong on some ropey stripper in a local 'gentleman's club' - particularly the first pair.

@Moon_Water - rather than the stripper shoes, I'd actually keep the shoes and accessories simple and classy with something taupe (good colour with a dusky pink). Let the focus be on the texture of the dress, rather than a load of cheap shouty accessories.
Tights are so out of fashion and yes they have such a 'mum' vibe particularly when paired with stylish dresses.

I hope not, with a dress like that the best way to add class to it is to keep it simple

PRSOM
Original post by 5hyl33n
I don’t think the first pair would suit the dress but that’s just my opinion.

They look like old granny shoes :lol:
They look like old granny shoes :lol:

And the second pair look like Mummy ran out of things to keep the kids busy with during lockdown, so found an old pair of heels from the back of the cupboard and let the toddlers loose with the glue and glitter.
Original post by Reality Check
And the second pair look like Mummy ran out of things to keep the kids busy with during lockdown, so found an old pair of heels from the back of the cupboard and let the toddlers loose with the glue and glitter.

PRSOM

"you think we got enough glitter on there?"
"nah a lot mores needed"

They really are hideous, what happened to classy simple heels
You know what I reckon some wedges would look good with it
PRSOM

"you think we got enough glitter on there?"
"nah a lot mores needed"

They really are hideous, what happened to classy simple heels

Exactly!

I was thinking for a dress like this, either taupe or nude simple shoes - like these:

9c8461a196ba3098c7b7f11d88f984c0.jpg

I know a lot of people might think them a bit boring, but I really like the shape, and the fact that the only detail is some perfect topstitching around the edges.

Quick Reply

Latest