The Student Room Group

Black NASCAR driver is left a noose in his pit garage

BBC News - FBI investigating noose found in garage of black US racing driver https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53132933

The FBI and the US Justice Department are investigating the discovery of a noose in the garage stall of African-American race car driver Bubba Wallace.
Wallace, the sole full-time black driver in US motor-racing organisation Nascar, successfully pushed to ban the Confederate flag from races.
In an act of solidarity seen right round the world his fellow drivers pushed his car on the tract.
In a statement on Twitter, Wallace, 26, described the incident as a "despicable act of racism" that left him "incredibly saddened".
Shocking.

NASCAR's response
https://youtu.be/zl784idy-SY

Here's Bubba's interview about it on The View
https://youtu.be/ZYqvPsnbEV4

Trevor Noah take on it
https://youtu.be/eENfQZiFg1Y

The Young Turks
https://youtu.be/3KNKNoPnbjs
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What was the other one, Jussy something...
Original post by z-hog
What was the other one, Jussy something...

The other what?
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
The other what?

The other one pretending he'd been a victim of something that never happened. One of them, there are quite a few.
Original post by z-hog
The other one pretending he'd been a victim of something that never happened. One of them, there are quite a few.

How did it 'never happen'? What is your explanation for the events which have been reported?
Reply 5
How did it 'never happen'? What is your explanation for the events which have been reported?

It's the same explanation the world is aware of, get out of your hole and do catch up.

The FBI investigation has concluded. It has the the noose was in the garage since the race at talladega last year. This was confirmed by the team who used thr garage last time, the wood brothers, it seems the object was used as some some of garage opening and closing thing. See link
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/noose-bubba-wallace-garage-fbi/4810931/
Reply 7
Not a 'noose', a rope.
Original post by Andrew97
The FBI investigation has concluded. It has the the noose was in the garage since the race at talladega last year. This was confirmed by the team who used thr garage last time, the wood brothers, it seems the object was used as some some of garage opening and closing thing. See link
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/noose-bubba-wallace-garage-fbi/4810931/

Thanks Andrew, I am aware of that story but it was good of you to post the link :smile:

My posts above are to draw out from @z-hog these other people who've been 'pretending to be victims' of things. Apparently, there are 'several of them', but z-hog seems reticent to name them or to tell me what exactly they're pretending to be victims of. It's ok: I can wait...
Original post by z-hog
It's the same explanation the world is aware of, get out of your hole and do catch up.

Well that's the first thing I thought too... but it doesn't mean I'm right.

TBH the confederate flag is symbol with some quite complicated and subtle meanings attached to it, it's not just a flat out call for white supremacy - and if he's got it banned some people really will be pissed off about that. (Smolett faked a random racist attack on himself while he was shopping for groceries iirc)
Reply 10
Original post by Joinedup
Well that's the first thing I thought too... but it doesn't mean I'm right.

TBH the confederate flag is symbol with some quite complicated and subtle meanings attached to it, it's not just a flat out call for white supremacy - and if he's got it banned some people really will be pissed off about that. (Smolett faked a random racist attack on himself while he was shopping for groceries iirc)

True, Smollett just faked it outright and this one is making too much of the rope but at least he didn't plant it.
Original post by z-hog
True, Smollett just faked it outright and this one is making too much of the rope but at least he didn't plant it.

You seem to have forgotten to tell me about these other people who've been pretending to be a victim of things that haven't happened. And what they were claiming they were victims of. Apparently, there's 'quite a few'. Your OP is here:

Original post by z-hog

Get out your hole, and list them. You obviously wouldn't just be making stuff up for a narrative, so you'll be able to easily tell me all about them, with verifiable links to these other fraudsters and their terrible deeds.

Thanks.
Original post by z-hog
You can go put your head in the food blender for all I care.

:gasp: surely you couldn't have been, like, making that up to fit an agenda of yours...?

Please tell me you didn't? Up to now, I've been so impressed at how even handed and impartial you are in N&CA: always careful to verify claims and stories. Never one to breathlessly chuck in an anecdote or assertion which can't be corroborated with hard evidence from reliable sources...
I hope the BBC, the Guardian and the various other news organisations who used this to accuse the US of institutional racism issue a correction and an apology, now that the ”noose” has been found to be a garage pull rope.
Reply 14
It's proven false..

But it still could be true..

Woke Taliban
Reply 15
bubba smollett?
There have been 6 high profile "noose" hate crime investigations in the us in the last 3 years. All covered heavily in the media, all turned out to be either a lie or like this case a mistake. There was one a few weeks ago where a black guy who exercised in the local park hung s rope from a tree to use for exercising. Somebody found it and claimed it was a noose a hate crime and proof of white supremacists. Luckily the black guy had some character about him, took the embarrassment and came forward. He could easily have stayed quiet.
Original post by SaDe7
bubba smollett?

Except that Wallace didn’t discover or report it. A team member did
Original post by Andrew97
Except that Wallace didn’t discover or report it. A team member did

True, yet he and his father are still claiming it was a deliberate noose, even if it had been there a year before Wallace was allocated that particular pit garage .
I feel a bit gullible now, being honest I should have thought it was a bit dodgy when no image of the "noose" was released until after the FBI conclusion.
FBI conducted an investigation with the help of several agents who found the 'noose' to be a rope to help open/shut the garage door.

Meanwhile, Bubba Wallace went on CNN to double-down that it was definitely a noose.

According to him, it was the NASCAR director who told him about it over the phone or something...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending