The Student Room Group

Peter Vardy Shutting Down, Got 2 Years Left On Warranty??

I live in Aberdeen and my car had a fuel injector problem which was repaired under warranty today. This is Tuesday, and when I went to to collect my car after the free repair, they told me that they're shutting down on Friday.
So I asked them where I can go if a future issue occurs within the warranty period, they told me there's one in Motherwell... And... I'm in Aberdeen.
They told me something about I can claim money for the repair if it's a particular type of garage or something, I don't even know.
My car still has 2 years left on the 3 year warranty.
Any advice would be great. The guy really didn't help me much, or give me any further information, kind of tried to get me to collect my car and get out of there, answering vaguely.
Original post by Higherkid
I live in Aberdeen and my car had a fuel injector problem which was repaired under warranty today. This is Tuesday, and when I went to to collect my car after the free repair, they told me that they're shutting down on Friday.
So I asked them where I can go if a future issue occurs within the warranty period, they told me there's one in Motherwell... And... I'm in Aberdeen.
They told me something about I can claim money for the repair if it's a particular type of garage or something, I don't even know.
My car still has 2 years left on the 3 year warranty.
Any advice would be great. The guy really didn't help me much, or give me any further information, kind of tried to get me to collect my car and get out of there, answering vaguely.

In the warranty from the manufacturer or from a third party?

If it's a manufacturer's warranty, the policy may well mandate that that any warranty repairs are carried out by an authorised main dealer. Now that the place in Aberdeen is closing down, will Motherwell be your nearest main dealer? If so, then that's where you'll need to go for any warranty repairs. :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
In the warranty from the manufacturer or from a third party?

If it's a manufacturer's warranty, the policy may well mandate that that any warranty repairs are carried out by an authorised main dealer. Now that the place in Aberdeen is closing down, will Motherwell be your nearest main dealer? If so, then that's where you'll need to go for any warranty repairs. :frown:
Peter Vardy, so third party. When my car had the injector problem, it was barely drivable and luckily I live right next to the dealer, so managed to get it in on limp mode. There is no way I'd be able to make it to Motherwell (250 miles) if something like this happened again. Furthermore, would they even cover a recovery all the way there? What about a courtesy car? Will that car have to driven to Motherwell and back? Just feels quite awful knowing I'm paying for a service which is practically useless.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Higherkid
Peter Vardy, so third party. When my car had the injector problem, it was barely drivable and luckily I live right next to the dealer, so managed to get it in on limp mode. There is no way I'd be able to make it to Motherwell (250 miles) if something like this happened again. Furthermore, would they even cover a recovery all the way there? What about a courtesy car? Will that car have to driven to Motherwell and back? Just feels quite awful knowing I'm paying for a service which is practically useless.

Check the wording of the warranty to see what it says. If it's a third-party warranty, they may not be that fussy about where the work is carried out.

Are there any other competent places nearer than Motherwell?
Hi live in Glasgow and bought my car from Peter Vardy Hillington Glasgow.I purchased the
Extended warranty from them. the hilington then closed so my nearest Peter Vardy is Motherwell.. I think your warranty may be a third party ( Car Care ) I called the warranty company and asked if I needed to use Peter Vardy to do warranty repairs, they said any
Vat registered garage can do the work. I called few ones in Glasgow that I trust and they would not do the warranty repairs they do not want to deal with an extended warranty company.
So back to Peter Vardy
With the extended warranty Is breakdown cover, I had the car uplifted and taken to Motherwell for repairs.
My experience in dealing with Motherwell has been ( shambolic ) service. ..
As you live in Aberdeen you hopefully can get your car uplifted and taken to Motherwell
for repair and then uplifted after repairs and returned to Aberdeen.
Call the warranty company and see what they say and if you got the repairs done locally.
See if local garages will undertake the work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending