Hi I made this thread because I’m curious on how this year is gonna work

How is your school doing results day?

What grades are you expecting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1joeylee
Hi I made this thread because I’m curious on how this year is gonna work

How is your school doing results day?

What grades are you expecting?

Hey! I actually have no idea how my school is doing it - for now the general response is 'let's see what boris says' which isn't the most helpful thing in the world. I'm guessing it's either going to be all online, or it's come into school while social distancing to pick up results. Praying I don't have to retake anything though! 😶
Reply 2
Original post by Queen.Of.Shadows
Hey! I actually have no idea how my school is doing it - for now the general response is 'let's see what boris says' which isn't the most helpful thing in the world. I'm guessing it's either going to be all online, or it's come into school while social distancing to pick up results. Praying I don't have to retake anything though! 😶

My school are letting us do social distance pick up :smile: I think that the government said that we’re not allowed to retake anything but allowed to appeal if we think a grade is inaccurate. :smile:
i am soo scared for results day
My school are letting us do social distance pick up :smile: I think that the government said that we’re not allowed to retake anything but allowed to appeal if we think a grade is inaccurate. :smile:

Yeah, we'll probably do that too. Huh? Retakes are in autumn, is what I heard...
I’m scared too. Hopefully we’ll be allowed in school to collect results as it’s more fulfilling in a way. I’m quite confident of my grades because of mocks and stuff but after seeing the thread on IBs...
Reply 6
Yeah, we'll probably do that too. Huh? Retakes are in autumn, is what I heard...

Nevermind, I read back through the email my school sent out today

2EAAD4F4-7983-413F-A89E-AD2095A7A038.jpg.jpeg

I don’t think it makes any sense tho like I’m so confused
Reply 7
Original post by firdouss
i am soo scared for results day

Me too :/ all my teachers hated me so idk what they will put for my grade it will honestly be a surprise

Okay, yep makes no sense whatsoever 🙄
me too :/ all my teachers hated me so idk what they will put for my grade it will honestly be a surprise

same man my english teacher hates me and i am in year 10 supposed to do my enlish lit gcse this year
Reply 10
Okay, yep makes no sense whatsoever 🙄

‘There will be no appeals process’
‘Students will be able to appeal’
I’m honestly so baffled rn
Reply 11
Original post by firdouss
same man my english teacher hates me and i am in year 10 supposed to do my enlish lit gcse this year

You’re in year 10 and doing gcse exams already ?

What a sh*t school
My school is doing a socially distanced results day. We're lining up outside the school between a set time (I think between 10am and 1pm) and being let inside in small groups to get our results, then confirming which a level subjects we're doing with the teachers if we're staying on at sixth form and you've got the grades to get in. I guess your school might do something similar if it's a socially distanced pick up?
‘There will be no appeals process’
‘Students will be able to appeal’
I’m honestly so baffled rn

God, it's literally the same as 'don't go to work' but 'go to work if you can go to work' 😂😅
My school is not even risking social distancing
We are getting our results emailed to us and the actual physical papers will be posted through to us a few days later
Talk about over protective why not let a few of us in at a time
Original post by BioRabbit
My school is doing a socially distanced results day. We're lining up outside the school between a set time (I think between 10am and 1pm) and being let inside in small groups to get our results, then confirming which a level subjects we're doing with the teachers if we're staying on at sixth form and you've got the grades to get in. I guess your school might do something similar if it's a socially distanced pick up?

instaed of linning up my school is going to send our results through email, which is terrific in a way
Reply 16

The appeals process is going to be so tricky. Basically you can't appeal if you think you deserved a higher grade, but you can appeal if you think someone accidentally submitted the wrong grade (eg. pressed 3 instead of 4 on the keyboard). Since we're being ranked, if you appeal to move up it means someone else has to move down. We're basically in a grading hunger games.

I think I understand
Students themselves will not be able to make appeals but you can request that the school makes the appeal on your behalf
Just an idea im not fully sure
Reply 18
Original post by K_A_I_2004
I think I understand
Students themselves will not be able to make appeals but you can request that the school makes the appeal on your behalf
Just an idea im not fully sure

Yeah, that's what I think too tbh.

Chile, we go to the same school I-

Quick Reply

Latest