The Student Room Group

GCSEs in 2020 & 2021

I left the UK to live abroad in 2019 and my school year didn't have to do the GCSE exams due to covid. Their final grades were based on a local assessment by the school. How would I go about also getting this sort of assessment and would it be possible to recieve my GCSE grades? (I wasn't aware of this until recently) Keep in mind I spent 6 years in the educational system and I was just going into year 11.
Original post by 36e6cae8e5
I left the UK to live abroad in 2019 and my school year didn't have to do the GCSE exams due to covid. Their final grades were based on a local assessment by the school. How would I go about also getting this sort of assessment and would it be possible to recieve my GCSE grades? (I wasn't aware of this until recently) Keep in mind I spent 6 years in the educational system and I was just going into year 11.

I would imagine you would not be able to do this because you were not enrolled in a UK school when grades given by the schools were given. In order to get GCSEs you will most likely have to sit actual GCSE exams as you weren't in school when you were in year 11, and you have to be entered into an exam series which it appears you were not.
Original post by 36e6cae8e5

Can I just check your timings? You left the UK "in 2019" and "going into year 11"? So 9 months before you would have been scheduled to take GCSEs (had they actually happened). Is that right?

If the above timings are correct, then I'm not sure how you can expect to receive teacher-assessed grades. You weren't even in the country for the last academic year of GCSEs, and missed that year of learning entirely.

What did the country you moved to have in place with regards to exams? Did you not receive any results from them?

Quick Reply

Latest