The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day 2020 Countdown Thread - IT'S HERE!!

Scroll to see replies

I just want to know it already
Reply 21
Original post by limitlesspuffy
Is results day going to be virtual?

I hope not but if corona doesn't get better or if it even gets worse the only way will be by email/post :frown:
I'm feeling hopeful and a bit meh cos it's not really in my control anymore and I did decent in the mocks so we'll see
Hahaha terrified
Reply 24
I’m honestly a bit nervous! For my college courses I only need 4s in everything and 2 6s in anything. I know I’ve already got those 6s through art & sport studies and fingers crossed I’ll get the 4s I just don’t know. I didn’t sit any mocks apart from my art one which I got a 7 in. Ideally I’d like 6 in English and Atleast a 5 in maths because that decides whether I’m able to do a level biology or applied human biology (easier than A level biology) and if I get 5 and 6 in English and maths it gives me a better chance of getting into the uni I hope to go to (I’ve thought far ahead I know)
mine is going to emailed. i know im not gonna get the grade i preferably want in maths.
Good luck you guys! Am here to talk if anyone wants to :hugs:
ooof i want to pick them up from school with the excitement of opening the envelope with my friends, ah well :3
Reply 28
My school said that we would still go in but socially distanced, I guess everyone was left to their own devices to plan this..
Reply 29
Original post by Oshmit
My school said that we would still go in but socially distanced, I guess everyone was left to their own devices to plan this..

My school has said nothing to us since we left :/ hope they let us know soon!
i feel that results day is either going to be:

:party:

or:

:shoot:
Tbh, I just feel meh about GCSEs Results Day because I know that I won't be getting the grades I want. The grades that I will receive in August won't even reflect my actual ability, but oh well. If we've actually done the exams, then I would be feeling terrified and excited at the same time. But in this case, I just don't care about it. Why would I care about the results that I didn't work for? They're just results of what my teachers would think I would get, not results that I will get.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 32
anyone think they can predict my grades. I'm really nervous and i have a perfect brother with all A*s and now at cambridge :/. idk whether i should start doing some revision for the november exams.
My mocks:
Spanish-5
History-6
Eng Lit-6
Eng Lang-7
RS-7
Biology-7
Geography-8
Physics-9
Chemistry-9
Maths-9
Original post by aujhbk
anyone think they can predict my grades. I'm really nervous and i have a perfect brother with all A*s and now at cambridge :/. idk whether i should start doing some revision for the november exams.
My mocks:
Spanish-5
History-6
Eng Lit-6
Eng Lang-7
RS-7
Biology-7
Geography-8
Physics-9
Chemistry-9
Maths-9

well done mate. hard being the younger sibling 😂. I'm sure you'll do well.
Im worried about sixth forms too tbh, quite a few have said they’ll release information at the end of this month though.
nnoooooooo i dont wan results day to come
oh wow. where did you see that
Are my school the only one that are actually making us open our results in school ? 🤔
Reply 38
Original post by Obolinda
oh wow. where did you see that

My school Tweeted about it, it's at 10am on Youtube and I think Facebook
Yes, they sent a letter about it.

Quick Reply

Latest