The Student Room Group

ACCA part Qualified

I am from Pakistan and currently on UK Spouse Visa. I have 2 years of Audit training experience from my previous country. I gave an interview at an accountancy firm in Morley, Leeds. The hiring is about ACCA Apprenticeship Level 4 and i been offered 14000£ per annum + study package. Which i personally feel is unfair, i am married and 30 years old. I am part qualified passed F1 - F9 exams. Should i accept the offer?
Reply 1
Original post by mayday90
I am from Pakistan and currently on UK Spouse Visa. I have 2 years of Audit training experience from my previous country. I gave an interview at an accountancy firm in Morley, Leeds. The hiring is about ACCA Apprenticeship Level 4 and i been offered 14000£ per annum + study package. Which i personally feel is unfair, i am married and 30 years old. I am part qualified passed F1 - F9 exams. Should i accept the offer?

I'm surprised you even qualify for the apprenticeship, they're for people with little to no experience. 14,000 is very, very low I wouldn't recommend taking that. Apprenticeships often pay poorly because of the training element to it. You should apply as an experienced hire and not an apprentice.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by alison96
I'm surprised you even qualify for the apprenticeship, t

thats not true. You can be a 40 year old executive and do an MBA apprenticeship.
Reply 3

To be honest I think it may be worth your while. The job market doesnt look great at the moment and you'd only be working 4 days a week which makes the pay plus paid training costs a bit more attractive. Far better to work in the uk for 12-18 months and clear the last 4 exams then look again than be earning the same in Tescos.

Your age and marital status are not relevant here.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
thats not true. You can be a 40 year old executive and do an MBA apprenticeship.

You can't do an apprenticeship in a subject you already have a equal qualification for in the same subject though. E.g. if I had a degree in digital marketing I couldn't do a level 3/4? apprenticeship in digital marketing. As they stated they're already part qualified, that's why I'm surprised they're eligible... Nothing to do with their their job title or age
(edited 3 years ago)

You only have 2 years of experience so you would gain from the new position. £14k isn't a bad salary as you will earn £30k or more once you're fully qualified in 18 months to 2 years time. F1 - F9 are easy but try doing the ICAEW exams after finishing the Advanced papers of the ACCA?! Because ICAEW average salary in the UK is £150,000 a year. :wink:
Reply 6
You can't do an apprenticeship in a subject you already have a equal qualification for in the same subject though. E.g. if I had a degree in digital marketing I couldn't do a level 3/4? apprenticeship in digital marketing. As they stated they're already part qualified, that's why I'm surprised they're eligible... Nothing to do with their their job title or age

They are qualified to F9 - so doing higher level exams doesn't create an issue. When I've spoken with Kaplan they are pretty helpful on this - there isn't a problem recruiting someone with an accounting degree on an apprenticeship for example.
Reply 7
Original post by ajj2000
They are qualified to F9 - so doing higher level exams doesn't create an issue. When I've spoken with Kaplan they are pretty helpful on this - there isn't a problem recruiting someone with an accounting degree on an apprenticeship for example.

I see, fair I wasn't sure what F9 referred to level wise. For reference, I'm due to start a level 7 apprenticeship in accounting with no prior experience (BA degree unrelated) so level 4 seems quite low to me 🤷
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
I see, fair I wasn't sure what F9 referred to level wise. For reference, I'm due to start a level 7 apprenticeship in accounting with no prior experience (BA degree unrelated) so level 4 seems quite low to me 🤷

Cant say I understand all these random levels! I guess you might think of F9 as being somewhat in line with an undergrad degree (you can apply for a degree from Oxford Brookes pretty easily once you've done up to F9). The next 4 (I think) papers are seen as a somewhat higher level. You either take 4 ACCA exams or 2 plus an online masters degree with UCL.

Congratulations on the new job! What will you be studying on the apprenticeship (I mean which accountancy exams)?
Reply 9
Original post by ajj2000
Cant say I understand all these random levels! I guess you might think of F9 as being somewhat in line with an undergrad degree (you can apply for a degree from Oxford Brookes pretty easily once you've done up to F9). The next 4 (I think) papers are seen as a somewhat higher level. You either take 4 ACCA exams or 2 plus an online masters degree with UCL.

Congratulations on the new job! What will you be studying on the apprenticeship (I mean which accountancy exams)?

Thanks ☺️ I'll be training to be a chartered tax advisor so will be doing the ICAS & CIOT joint qualification, sitting all the TC exams in October
Reply 10
Original post by ajj2000
To be honest I think it may be worth your while. The job market doesnt look great at the moment and you'd only be working 4 days a week which makes the pay plus paid training costs a bit more attractive. Far better to work in the uk for 12-18 months and clear the last 4 exams then look again than be earning the same in Tescos.

Your age and marital status are not relevant here.

Well the work time is 9 to 5, 5 days a week. I have already rejected as the woman i spoke to, for renegotiation (if possible) the monetary offer, was little offended and started sounding rude.
Anyways, thanks alot for your advice. I appreciate it.
A bit late as I know you've already rejected the offer but for future reference you should be looking at level 7 apprenticeships really. I'm currently doing my last exam of ACCA on a level 7 apprenticeship with Kaplan - level 4 apprenticeship is more F1-F3. As long as you've got at least a year left of your apprenticeship Kaplan will enrol you as an apprentice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending