The Student Room Group

Classical Studies A Level Revision Help

So, I'm studying the CIE Classical Studies A Level, and I do:
Alexander the Great, Aristophanes (Frogs and Wasps);
The Aeneid, Roman Architecture;
The Changing World of Athens, and;
The Iliad, the Odyssey and the Aeneid (again)

My exam is this November, and I'm currently predicted a B. I would love an A, but a B is completely fine. I am starting to revise intensively since it's summer, but I just feel very overwhelmed as each topic requires a different way of revising (Alexander the Great vs Roman Architecture vs Aristophanes), and with how much content there is I feel like it's hard to make all of it stick.

Basically, I really need some help revising Classical Studies as there's so much content and so few resources. I'm using the OCR textbooks as there is some overlap, and I've started going through past papers, mark schemes and examiner reports to familiarise myself with the marking. I've also been going through the syllabus, but I just don't feel that I'm able to take on the exam, and I just feel massively overwhelmed by how much there is to do.

Any help is appreciated!
(edited 2 years ago)
If you've got exam technique down, but need to focus on content, just do that for now! How do you revise? At the start of term, I'd write myself questions each day on bits of content, and then at the end of the week I'd get someone to ask me the questions. When exams came closer, I'd do this every day. Questions really helped me, but you could try mindmaps and posters if that's something you prefer. Or you could make your own powerpoints and "teach yourself" - the best way to learn new things is to teach people, so you can teach someone else or just teach yourself by pretending to prepare giving yourself a lesson.
Stop feeling and get on with the work.

Reassess and adjust your revision timetable if you need to.

Try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu0xDtK3g3Q
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABRN0E_mI0U

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending