The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS Research Studentship 2020

The deadline for this postgraduate scholarship was early April. Has anyone heard from SOAS yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not yet. They stated decisions will be sent by the end of June.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Hi, have you heard back about this scholarship?
Reply 3
Original post by Ahmedyasinj
Hi, have you heard back about this scholarship?

I haven't yet. I do know that SOAS does not email those who haven't got the scholarship, which they should be doing because people are waiting to hear, but they just don't.
Original post by kanaraja
I haven't yet. I do know that SOAS does not email those who haven't got the scholarship, which they should be doing because people are waiting to hear, but they just don't.

Thanks Kanaraja, let's wait to see. I agree, it would be best to send emails to everyone.
Reply 5
It would be nice if the SOAS reps could comment and confirm if the decisions have been sent.
Reply 6
The scholarship page was updated very recently to say that the decision is delayed and that students will be informed by end July.
Reply 7
Original post by kanaraja
The scholarship page was updated very recently to say that the decision is delayed and that students will be informed by end July.

Hey, has anyone heard back yet?
Haven't heard back yet.
Haven't heard back as well
Reply 10
Haven't heard back from SOAS. Anyone else knows wether the successful applicants have been informed?
I don't know whether they've informed those successful yet. I'm hoping its another delay. If anyone hears anything, would be grateful if they'd post here. Thanks!
Reply 12
Any update?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Iqtedar
Any update?

I haven't heard anything. I'm so anxious -__-
Reply 14
Same here. I am hoping that the decision is delayed and they will let us know this week.
Original post by Iqtedar
Same here. I am hoping that the decision is delayed and they will let us know this week.

Let's keep hoping. No one seems to have heard anything. Nail biting times!
Just received an email that all successful studentship applicants have already been informed.
you received the scholarship's email or who told you that they already informed the successful applicants?
Original post by anonymous900
you received the scholarship's email or who told you that they already informed the successful applicants?

I got an email from the scholarship team informing me that every successful applicant had already been informed. The exact email read "The successful scholars have now been notified. lf you have not heard anything regarding your application, please assume your application for the SOAS Research scholarship has been unsuccessful on this occasion."
Original post by Ahmedyasinj
I got an email from the scholarship team informing me that every successful applicant had already been informed. The exact email read "The successful scholars have now been notified. lf you have not heard anything regarding your application, please assume your application for the SOAS Research scholarship has been unsuccessful on this occasion."

Ah man. It's so disappointing. Thanks for letting us know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending