The Student Room Group

2.2 Economics degree and Distinction Economics masters applying for PhD Economics

As the title speaks for itself, which university should I aim for PhD studentship? I also have with 1 paper published in indexed publication, 1 in non-indexed, three years of working experience in labor market industrial research and investment performance analytics. Please be kind in the comments, I already knew I did badly during my undergraduate years.
Hi @reasonablescheme ,

Kingston University currently offers PhD studentships on a wide range of courses and deadlines close on Wednesday 6 March 2024 for courses starting in October 2024.

Kingston University PhD studentships- https://www.kingston.ac.uk/research/research-degrees/funding/phd-studentships-2024/

There are three different levels of funding available for new students: fully funded, partially funded, and fees only, all at the home fee rate.

Full-time and Part-time applications are welcome: Funding for part-time study will be pro rata at 50% of the full-time rate.

Overseas fee-paying candidates: These awards will cover Home fees only. If you are selected for an interview you will need to demonstrate that you can fund the difference in fees for each year of your registration. This is currently £11,288 for the academic year 2023/24 and it should be noted that tuition fees increase slightly each year. You would therefore need to find at least £33,864 over the 3 years, plus the yearly increase.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Many thanks
Kingston Studentgraduate Post Representative
May
Original post by reasonablescheme
As the title speaks for itself, which university should I aim for PhD studentship? I also have with 1 paper published in indexed publication, 1 in non-indexed, three years of working experience in labor market industrial research and investment performance analytics. Please be kind in the comments, I already knew I did badly during my undergraduate years.

I suspect the bigger challenge will be in securing funding than in being accepted to the PhD itself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending