The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

University of Brighton Clearing and Adjustment thread 2020

Hi everyone :wavey:

Are you thinking about starting university this September? It’s not too late!

Clearing 2020 is an opportunity to take another look at your university plans before you decide.

If you already hold all of your qualification results, early clearing is now open! Give us a call on 01273 644000 to discuss your options.

Still waiting for your results? Not a problem! Main clearing will open on Thursday 13th August 2020.

If you’re planning on starting university this September you’ll probably be facing lots of choices and changes. It’s all about what’s right for you. Maybe you thought you knew, but now you want to change direction. You can find out more about clearing at the University of Brighton here.

If you have any questions you can contact us anytime.

Good luck! :nyan:

Scroll to see replies

Wondering what teaching might look like for 2020 and trying to make a decision about applying to Uni this year? Please feel free to check out our latest updates about learning and living at Brighton University for 2020 on our website here :thumbsup:

This video also covers what uni life will look like!

Remember, you can call us on 01273 644000 to discuss your clearing options! :biggrin:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Hi Everyone!
From next Friday The University of Brighton will be running our fist online Clearing event! :rave:

This online Q&A is for anyone who wants to find out about how Clearing works. You can ask our advisers any questions you may have and speak to student ambassadors about their experience of using Clearing to find their perfect course.

Event details:
Friday 24 July 2020
1–2.30pm

You can sign up here.

We look forward to talking with you!

If you can't make this date, don't worry we will be running more clearing events in the future :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
UCAS Embargo 2020

Hi everyone! :biggrin:

Tomorrow is the start of the UCAS embargo. Each year, UCAS and universities are given early access to results, which allows us to prepare and make decisions by the official publication dates of exam results.

During this time your UCAS track and student portal (Studentview) will be unavailable. You will then receive your results and regain access to your accounts once the embargo ends.

The embargo period for 2020 is:

7 August at 14:00 until 13 August at 08:00

If you have any questions about the embargo, please feel free to contact Brighton University here and we will be happy to help! :h:

Early clearing will still be open throughout the embargo, so you can still contact us or fill in a clearing form here.

Feel free to check out the below video for helpful advice on how clearing works :smile:

Hi All! :wavey:

Check out our new video with former clearing Brighton University students Professor Bhavik Patel and graduate Lois Downes, who join Outreach Coordinator James Barron to discuss all things Clearing!

If you have any questions, or wish to contact us to discuss your options for clearing, we will be happy to help! :biggrin:
Hi, please, is it too late to apply for postgraduate study at Brighton? I am an international student
Reply 6
Hello. Have applied through Clearing for the Building Surveying course 3 weeks ago. I already have the grades, as I am a mature student but I have not heard anything back? Does it normally take this long. I am worried with A level results being round the corner. Thank you.
Hi @andrad

Apologies, it does not usually take this long to hear back from a clearing application. It may be that our reply email has gone to your junk folder? If you are not able to find it, please call us on 01273 644000 and we will be happy to pass you through to the admissions team in charge of your application, who can confirm if you have received an offer. :h:

Thanks!

Danielle - Brighton Uni rep :nyan:
Hi All! :wavey:

One of our humanities graduate students Olivia, has written a blog on her journey of applying to Brighton University through clearing. Please feel free to check it out here!

Good luck with your results this Thursday! :thumbsup:

Remember, if you have any questions, we are always happy to help! You can contact us here, on our website or call 01273 644000 :biggrin:
Hi @Olasosweet

We still have a number of postgraduate courses available to apply to for 2020 :smile:

Please call us on +44 (0) 1273 644000 or email us here to discuss your options.

We look forward to hearing from you! :biggrin:

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:
Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries
Hi @Olasosweet

We still have a number of postgraduate courses available to apply to for 2020 :smile:

Please call us on +44 (0) 1273 644000 or email us here to discuss your options.

We look forward to hearing from you! :biggrin:

Please, How long does it usually take to get a feedback after application.
Original post by Olasosweet
Please, How long does it usually take to get a feedback after application.

Hi @Olasosweet

If you call us to apply through clearing, then we tell you straight away if you are eligible and if so offer you a place. :h:

If you have filled out the clearing application form, we look to respond within 48 hours. However, during main clearing this may take slightly longer.

Please feel free to call us on the clearing line if you have any questions or are looking to apply! 01273 644000 :biggrin:

I hope this is helpful.

Hi All,

Its officially main clearing! :rave:

Didn't get the results you were hoping for? Don't worry, you can still contact us and we will be happy to discuss your options! :biggrin:

Our clearing line is: 01273 644000

Check out the video below of clearing student Maxwell and what he learnt from the process:

Good luck with your decisions! :thumbsup:
Hi @Olasosweet

If you call us to apply through clearing, then we tell you straight away if you are eligible and if so offer you a place. :h:

If you have filled out the clearing application form, we look to respond within 48 hours. However, during main clearing this may take slightly longer.

Please feel free to call us on the clearing line if you have any questions or are looking to apply! 01273 644000 :biggrin:

I hope this is helpful.

Sorry I’m a bit confused, do I need to apply via clearing for postgraduate study too?

i am applying for PG cert in public health

I am an international student also.
(edited 3 years ago)
Sorry I’m a bit confused, do I need to apply via clearing for postgraduate study too?

i am applying for PG cert in public health

I am an international student also.

Hi @Olasosweet

Apologies! My mistake :colondollar: For the PG cert in public health you can apply directly via the free form on the course page here. There is no set deadline, but for postgraduate courses we close to new applications as soon as the course is full. If you would like to discuss the course or application process in more detail, please feel free to send our enquiries team a message.

I hope this is a bit more helpful! :h:

Hi @Olasosweet

Apologies! My mistake :colondollar: For the PG cert in public health you can apply directly via the free form on the course page here. There is no set deadline, but for postgraduate courses we close to new applications as soon as the course is full. If you would like to discuss the course or application process in more detail, please feel free to send our enquiries team a message.

I hope this is a bit more helpful! :h:

If I may ask, how long does it typically take to get a feedback after an application. September is almost here and the length of time for processing applications will be a great determinant as to whether it will be possible for me to enrol this September.
If I may ask, how long does it typically take to get a feedback after an application. September is almost here and the length of time for processing applications will be a great determinant as to whether it will be possible for me to enrol this September.

Hi @Olasosweet

Once an application is submitted you should receive an initial response within 14 working days. We generally aim to reply sooner, although over the clearing period, this can vary. I hope this helps! :h:

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep
Hi @Olasosweet

Once an application is submitted you should receive an initial response within 14 working days. We generally aim to reply sooner, although over the clearing period, this can vary. I hope this helps! :h:

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep

Alright, thank you Danielle, you’ve been very helpful.
Alright, thank you Danielle, you’ve been very helpful.

Not a problem at all :h: I am happy to help!

If you need anything else, please feel free to ask!

Hi All :h:

Congrats to all of you that have received your clearing offers!

Our Brighton University clearing line is still open today until 3pm! So if you still haven't received an offer, or are still considering your options, we'd love to hear from you! Give us a call on 01273 644000.
Have a good weekend! :party:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending