The Student Room Group

Going to a better university than my firm

If on results day I get the grades needed for a university I was rejected from, so couldn’t firm, but it now turns out if I had got an offer I would’ve met it, can I phone that university and potentially get a place?
Reply 1
You can go through Adjustment, yes. But at the original institution that rejected you? I am not sure about that.
Reply 2
You can phone who you like on Results Day - it doesnt mean that they will have any spaces or accept you.
Original post by gtty123
You can go through Adjustment, yes. But at the original institution that rejected you? I am not sure about that.

There is no adjustment any more.
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
There is no adjustment any more.

Ah, thanks for the correction. I was under the impression it was still a thing.
Reply 5
Original post by gtty123
Ah, thanks for the correction. I was under the impression it was still a thing.

Its all covered by Clearing - no place, got better grades than you hoped for etc.
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Its all covered by Clearing - no place, got better grades than you hoped for etc.

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.
Original post by Seekinganswers
If on results day I get the grades needed for a university I was rejected from, so couldn’t firm, but it now turns out if I had got an offer I would’ve met it, can I phone that university and potentially get a place?

You'd need to reject your firm and enter clearing to do that there used to be a service called adjustment that was exactly what you just described but they stopped that a little while ago,
Reply 8
Original post by jonathanemptage
You'd need to reject your firm and enter clearing to do that there used to be a service called adjustment that was exactly what you just described but they stopped that a little while ago,

Ah ok, thank you, would I also need to reject my insurance?

Yes to enter extra and clearing you must be holding no offers.

The other issue is that the university you intend going to must have paces and be in clearing.
(edited 11 months ago)

Not on results day if your firm accepts you your insurance rejects you automatically even if you. later on reject your place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending