The Student Room Group

The Current Year 11 Chat Thread (2020-2021)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Starlight15
There's no harm in trying :h: give it a go this year, I'll be supporting you through your blogs :woo:

Thank you :hugs: okay I'll give it another shot.
Original post by emilyegould
I'd say they'd ask you to either take it in November or next year, I also did mocks but because I don't have a teacher they couldn't give a CAG :colondollar: I hope it's not the same for you!

I have a teacher, it's just a bit of a weird situation tbh. I'm going to start revising in case lmao, I often get told things last minute and I don't want that happening this time :sigh:

Thank you, I hope the November exams go well!
I'm retaking english lang cuz i suck, pls leave tips 😭😭😭
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Honestly I've just done chemistry and computer science :rofl: and some biology

That makes me feel a little better - I don't plan on intense revision in any way until after 17 November, when my November exams are over! Then I'll start with that, but I'm definitely making November my current priority for revision, with about an hour of Seneca or Quizlet daily for the summer exams at this point, so still, nothing intense.
Original post by meerkatking123
Hello there im meerkatkng (nice name)

I'm studying:
AQA maths
AQA combined science
AQA English language
AQA English literature (Macbeth inspector calls and i don't know the other 2 because I don't know what we will drop)
Edexcel history
Btec tech award enterprise, health and social and information technology

My predicted grades are meant to be 5 or 6.
I am really scared and annoyed because i hear all of you clever kids predicted 8s and 9s but my school barely gets 17% to get a grade 5 and above in English and maths. I need help. I come from a very bad school. I want to be able to achieve good grades like all of you guys. I want to aim for 7 8 9 grades. Inshalla i do well and inshalla you guys do well. Ameen.

If you ever need any help with maths or science, you can DM me. I'll be happy to help you. Do not worry too much. Allah will guide you towards what is best, inshallah.
Original post by meerkatking123
Hello there im meerkatkng (nice name)

I'm studying:
AQA maths
AQA combined science
AQA English language
AQA English literature (Macbeth inspector calls and i don't know the other 2 because I don't know what we will drop)
Edexcel history
Btec tech award enterprise, health and social and information technology

My predicted grades are meant to be 5 or 6.
I am really scared and annoyed because i hear all of you clever kids predicted 8s and 9s but my school barely gets 17% to get a grade 5 and above in English and maths. I need help. I come from a very bad school. I want to be able to achieve good grades like all of you guys. I want to aim for 7 8 9 grades. Inshalla i do well and inshalla you guys do well. Ameen.

search discord and reddit and find study groups and resoyrces ,icant send links tsr rules and im gettibg closer to being banned cos i keep shari g links rven tbo its to help others
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by faizanarshad360
If you ever need any help with maths or science, you can DM me. I'll be happy to help you. Do not worry too much. Allah will guide you towards what is best, inshallah.

Thank you brother for the kind words
Original post by X.243llie
search discord and reddit and find study groups and resoyrces ,icant send links tsr rules and im gettibg closer to being banned cos i keep shari g links rven tbo its to help others

Thank you for the kind words
Reply 67
Original post by Roses & Dreams
Thank you :hugs: okay I'll give it another shot.

I have a teacher, it's just a bit of a weird situation tbh. I'm going to start revising in case lmao, I often get told things last minute and I don't want that happening this time :sigh:

Thank you, I hope the November exams go well!

I would suggest emailing your teacher/any other staff member and ask them directly what will happen with your exams
That makes me feel a little better - I don't plan on intense revision in any way until after 17 November, when my November exams are over! Then I'll start with that, but I'm definitely making November my current priority for revision, with about an hour of Seneca or Quizlet daily for the summer exams at this point, so still, nothing intense.

True that but I'll start in September and continue on but not too much I don't want to burn myself out :redface:
Original post by SuperiorPotato
True that but I'll start in September and continue on but not too much I don't want to burn myself out :redface:

Burning myself out is my main concern, 100%. But at the same time, definitely don't want to leave everything until its too late! Bit of a conundrum.
Burning myself out is my main concern, 100%. But at the same time, definitely don't want to leave everything until its too late! Bit of a conundrum.

Exactly :s-smilie: my main worry is not doing enough and being lazy
Original post by S Z H
I would suggest emailing your teacher/any other staff member and ask them directly what will happen with your exams

My main concern is that I probably should have done that earlier, because now they won't reply. I'll try but it'll probably be pointless :dontknow:. Also I'm not sure the teachers actually know what's happening, because last time we spoke they said they'd let me know when they have news :s-smilie:
I don't know, I keep on making one and deleting my account because I'm weird lmao so they never last. I want to make one though

I would read if you made one:proud:
Reply 73
My main concern is that I probably should have done that earlier, because now they won't reply. I'll try but it'll probably be pointless :dontknow:. Also I'm not sure the teachers actually know what's happening, because last time we spoke they said they'd let me know when they have news :s-smilie:

I had an Rs exam for this yr so they emailed me a grade. I think atleast now since it’s near the beginning of school. The teachers are most likely to check their emails n stuff
ok so how do u do a gyg or start it
Original post by 1hhh
ok so how do u do a gyg or start it

The new GYG thread will be opening on the 24th I believe, so there will be a lot more information around then!
Introduce yourself
HIII I'm apolaroidofus, couldn't think of a username so I just used a lyric from a Taylor Swift song ahaha (she/her)

What subjects are you taking this year?
I'm taking:
Maths (AQA)
English literature (AQA)
English language (AQA)
Biology (Edexcel)
Chemistry (Edexcel)
Physics (Edexcel)
Spanish (Edexcel)
French (Edexcel)
Geography (AQA)
Drama (OCR)
FSMQ Add Maths (OCR) but I'm self-teaching this!

What are your favourite/least favourite subjects?
Favourites - maths, chemistry and Spanish!
Least favourites - French and also probably English literature because I find it hard but I do really enjoy it

What are your current predicted grades?
All 9s (somehow!) but I personally don't think I'll be able to get 9s in English (I'm going to work so so hard in it this year though)

What grades are you aiming to get this year?
Desperately want straight 9s! It's literally been my biggest goal since year 7 ahah so let's pray. I also want an A in FSMQ and I've decided I won't sit the exam unless I'm confident I can get an A.

What do you want to do as a career In the future? What are your dreams, your aspirations, your goals?
Really not sure but I'd love to work for MI5/MI6/GCHQ either as an intelligence officer or a mathematician/cryptorapher. My main goal at the moment is to study maths at Oxford.

What are you thinking of taking for A Level/studying/working on post-16?
Definitely maths, further maths and chemistry and then either physics or Spanish.

How are you feeling about starting Year 11?
Terrified! Good GCSEs have been the end goal since year 7 and now it's crunch time! I've made a plan, though, and it's really calmed me down. So ready to start revision (well, I already have ahah)

and now, anything about you!

It's got to be Taylor Swift hasn't it ahaha! Love her SO much (been to 2 concerts, rep and 1989 and a fan for 8 years) and she liked my post on tumblr one year ago last week. Also love musicals, drama and anything performing arts (but I'm a terrible dancer ahahah) :smile:
Woop! Hi fellow Year 11s!
I go by Miku here on TSR, she/her :smile:
Subjects: English Lit/Lang (Eduqas), Triple Science (AQA), Maths (AQA), French (Edexcel), Comp. Science (OCR), History (Edexcel), Art (Edexcel) (Think that's everything!)
My favourite subjects ATM are English and History. I can't stand Art. Why I took it I don't know.
Predictions as of January:
English - 9 French - (don't know) Art - 5.
Science - 8 Comp Sci - 8
Maths - 6 History (Don't know)
I want to keep up my current grades and get better Maths grades. Having 6 in Art would be nice but I doubt it.
- Oh boi, the careers question. If you want my perfectly honest answer, I have no idea.
- A-Levels will be English (probably Lit although Lang is a maybe), History and French or Politics. French looks more likely for obvious reasons. I think they're solid a-levels that will help me get in a range of degrees.
- I'm not feeling too great about starting but I'm planning to do some small things to improve it (e.g eating healthier). My school have changed the timings at the same time as taking all the safety measures so there's a lot of maybes and don't knows.
- Fun facts! I play D&D (Clerics FTW!), I'm in MHoC as the Lib Dem Deputy Leader/MP, I like MTG and I'm an avid Vocaloid fan/Tokusatsu fan/one time cosplayer. I also did Technical Theatre for about 2 years in school.
Original post by Goldie-Is-King
I would read if you made one:proud:

I'll probably try and make one in a couple of days (let's see if it lasts :getmecoat:)
Original post by S Z H
I had an Rs exam for this yr so they emailed me a grade. I think atleast now since it’s near the beginning of school. The teachers are most likely to check their emails n stuff

I guess but they're also probably a lot busier :redface: I'll try anyway. I mean honestly I don't really know why I didn't get a grade, I have teachers who marked my mocks. Maybe they didn't know or it was because I wasn't sitting the exam with a cohort :dontknow:
I'll probably try and make one in a couple of days (let's see if it lasts :getmecoat:)

I guess but they're also probably a lot busier :redface: I'll try anyway. I mean honestly I don't really know why I didn't get a grade, I have teachers who marked my mocks. Maybe they didn't know or it was because I wasn't sitting the exam with a cohort :dontknow:

Im away then for a bit(2/3 weeks):colondollar:.........I will catch up with it.......promise

Quick Reply

Latest