The Student Room Group

student loans+career

so im not taking the student loan until i've exhausted all options.

i found out about degree apprenticeships and enquired for social work, nursing. i intended to study psychology at university to become a clinical/educational psychologist.

however, student loans arent allowed in my religion so im looking at degree apprenticeships.

any help would be sufficient.
try the government apprenticeship search and get alerts on everything
Original post by ucasguy17
so im not taking the student loan until i've exhausted all options.

i found out about degree apprenticeships and enquired for social work, nursing. i intended to study psychology at university to become a clinical/educational psychologist.

however, student loans arent allowed in my religion so im looking at degree apprenticeships.

any help would be sufficient.

Can you specify why student loans are not allowed in your religion? By that, I mean can you justify your religious belief on student loans by using an overwhelming amount of credible evidence to suggest that your belief system is right on the topic at hand?

Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by sang-jun
Can you specify why student loans are not allowed in your religion? By that, I mean can you justify your religious belief on student loans by using an overwhelming amount of credible evidence to suggest that your belief system is right on the topic at hand?

Thanks.

what significance does it bring? the student loan contains interest yes? It does not matter if we pay it after 21k or its stopped after 30 years/death. we're still paying interest.
interest is strictly forbidden. regardless if its not a loan. just because Islamic websites state things are halal doesn't make it halal. It clearly states in the Quran “0, believers, fear Allah, and give up what is still due to you from the interest (usury), if you are true believers.” (278)' and 'But whoever returns to [dealing in interest or usury] - those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.' many more quotes in the quran. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdnbfG_EKSw

in Islam, the principle is that everything is haram until proven otherwise. hope you have found this useful, if you want to contribute advice to my situation regarding apprenticeships feel free to. This isnt an invitation to debate or go off topic.
Reply 4
Original post by josie71202
try the government apprenticeship search and get alerts on everything

i found a policing degree apprenticeship. its called the pcda you know anything about that?
i found a policing degree apprenticeship. its called the pcda you know anything about that?

No but it sounds good
what significance does it bring? the student loan contains interest yes? It does not matter if we pay it after 21k or its stopped after 30 years/death. we're still paying interest.
interest is strictly forbidden. regardless if its not a loan. just because Islamic websites state things are halal doesn't make it halal. It clearly states in the Quran “0, believers, fear Allah, and give up what is still due to you from the interest (usury), if you are true believers.” (278)' and 'But whoever returns to [dealing in interest or usury] - those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.' many more quotes in the quran. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdnbfG_EKSw

in Islam, the principle is that everything is haram until proven otherwise. hope you have found this useful, if you want to contribute advice to my situation regarding apprenticeships feel free to. This isnt an invitation to debate or go off topic.

Ever heard of freedom of speech?

freedom of speech protects you from government attacks it doesn't stop others getting angry
freedom of speech protects you from government attacks it doesn't stop others getting angry

Can you specify where I came across as angry? Freedom of speech ultimately contributes towards social progress. I made a valid comment. In order for us to speak openly, you have to risk being offensive. This does not mean that you should speak with the pure intent of being offensive; what I mean is that you have to understand that what you say "might" be offensive. People take offense to different things, and so it would be impossible to speak if you do not take the risk of being offensive to others.

The point with student loans that I am trying to get across is that interest is completely fine.

So what if you pay interest? Interest is a completely valid concept. It is called Fairtrade. When receiving a loan from a lender, you are taking money from him to use at your immediate convenience. The lender has every right to reject you, and so to make it worth his or her while, interest is added. Also, interest is partly used to make up for the change in the value of currency.

Seeing as you have those sort of views on interest, I expect you to not take out any credit cards with interest, business loans or mortgages, or else that will immediately be hypocritical. In fact, do you live in a mortgaged house? That would say it all really.
Can you specify where I came across as angry? Freedom of speech ultimately contributes towards social progress. I made a valid comment. In order for us to speak openly, you have to risk being offensive. This does not mean that you should speak with the pure intent of being offensive; what I mean is that you have to understand that what you say "might" be offensive. People take offense to different things, and so it would be impossible to speak if you do not take the risk of being offensive to others.

The point with student loans that I am trying to get across is that interest is completely fine.

all I'm saying is the rules of freedom of speech
all I'm saying is the rules of freedom of speech

I apologise for misinterpreting what you said.
I’ve been seeing a lot of student loans not being allowed in Islam recently but I’d never heard of that before? I have a few muslim friends at uni who have taken out student loans? If they hadn’t they wouldn’t be able to progress to the career they wanted. Are you willing to change your life plans because you wont take out a student loan? What if you’re able to find a loans company that doesn’t have interest?
Reply 13
No but it sounds good

thanks!

the thread is made to contribute something useful. you're trying to start a pointless argument. have a nice day
Original post by MadameRazz
I’ve been seeing a lot of student loans not being allowed in Islam recently but I’d never heard of that before? I have a few muslim friends at uni who have taken out student loans? If they hadn’t they wouldn’t be able to progress to the career they wanted. Are you willing to change your life plans because you wont take out a student loan? What if you’re able to find a loans company that doesn’t have interest?

im sure 90% of muslims take the loans. i'm not going to say anything about how close they are to God, but its none of my business. they may or may not know it's impermissible due to paying extra money on the loan.

if i was too find a way to go to uni without an interest loan i'd 100% take it. religion comes first tbh. this life is temporary. i could die one day after signing the contract....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending