The Student Room Group

Funding for a two year speech and language therapy masters

I’m currently studying English language and would like to go on to do a masters in speech and language therapy. The masters course is two years, would I be entitled to two years student finance or just one?

Thank you
Original post by Tobyedkins
I’m currently studying English language and would like to go on to do a masters in speech and language therapy. The masters course is two years, would I be entitled to two years student finance or just one?

Thank you

Hi Tobyedkins,

The Postgraduate Loan is a capped amount paid throughout the duration of your course, therefore you would receive the funding for a 2 year course however, it is 50% per year. I have provided a link to help you with that.

https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan

Thanks, Clare
I have also been looking at this course and had the same question. So essentially I can't consider the course or career because the loan won't cover the tuition fees, and I can't afford to pay the £6000 gap 😔
@SFE Clare A Speech and Language Therapy Masters is an AHP course. I thought that all pre-registration postgrad healthcare courses were classed as exceptions and therefore students were able to apply for undergraduate funding for both tuition fee and maintenance loans. Can you clarify please?
I'd be grateful if this could be clarified please as I help out on the Healthcare forum and the funding of pre-reg healthcare masters courses comes up quite frequently. To add to the confusion, the information given re funding also seems to vary by uni.
Original post by BeehiveBaby
I have also been looking at this course and had the same question. So essentially I can't consider the course or career because the loan won't cover the tuition fees, and I can't afford to pay the £6000 gap 😔

Hi there, This course is a eligible for full funding. A Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending