The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Genes Drugs and Stem Cells - Novel Therapies MSc

Hey, I'm due to start the Genes Drugs and Stem Cells MSc course at Imperial this October. I'm wondering if anyone else is due to start this course as well? If so, will you be living in London or studying remotely for the first part of the year? I'm interested to discuss what your plans are!
Reply 1
Hi! I’m interested in the course too, how is it going? Any advice for the application? Did you have any indipendent research experience? Thanks it would help a lot!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Chicco5
Hi! I’m interested in the course too, how is it going? Any advice for the application? Did you have any indipendent research experience? Thanks it would help a lot!

Hi :smile: the course is going really well. From October to March we had lectures and now I’ve started my 6 month research project. All the students are really loving their projects you learn a lot and do a lot of independent work (supervised of course which is better for learning). We were supposed to have more experience in the teaching part of the course but due to COVID we didn’t but this will probably change for your year. And for the application I’d say keep the statement straight to the point , make sure you remember what research experience you did during your undergraduate degree and for the interview they give you research papers to talk about it. So read the research paper and think which questions they will ask based on that. Hopefully that helps and good luck with your application !
Original post by cathkr
Hey, I'm due to start the Genes Drugs and Stem Cells MSc course at Imperial this October. I'm wondering if anyone else is due to start this course as well? If so, will you be living in London or studying remotely for the first part of the year? I'm interested to discuss what your plans are!

hey, i just got accepted to GDS for this year, i was wondering if the course is *hard? I am fresh out of undergraduate and my english is probably not that strong so Im scared i wouldn't be able to cope with the study there.
Reply 4
Hey, do u find the course very challenging? Do u have a lot of courseworks or exams as well?
Original post by cathkr

Heyy, im starting the course oct 2022, have u already started it? ☺️
Original post by cathkr
Hi :smile: the course is going really well. From October to March we had lectures and now I’ve started my 6 month research project. All the students are really loving their projects you learn a lot and do a lot of independent work (supervised of course which is better for learning). We were supposed to have more experience in the teaching part of the course but due to COVID we didn’t but this will probably change for your year. And for the application I’d say keep the statement straight to the point , make sure you remember what research experience you did during your undergraduate degree and for the interview they give you research papers to talk about it. So read the research paper and think which questions they will ask based on that. Hopefully that helps and good luck with your application !

Heyy, is there any group chat for the gds course? Im starting oct 2022 ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending