The Student Room Group

Has anyone had any experience applying for a grad scheme at Bupa (actuarial)?

Hi everyone, I applied for a 3yr graduate actuarial scheme with Bupa (looking for my first full time actuary position) over the last week. I was rejected instantly. Keeping in mind this is a graduate scheme- which required no actuary experience. The only solid requirement was a 2:1 numerate degree. I achieved a first class in my BSc. Mathematics, and I also have interned as a actuary at Legal & General during my degree. So I have actuary experience too. Nothing unusual about the recruitment process either. The usual grad scheme: initial online application>> online tests>> video interview>>assessment centre>> final interview. If the process was straight to interview, straight after an initial application form, it may be slightly more understandable. However this wasn't the case. Considering that the next stage was just online testing, I am actually really surprised I didn't pass the initial CV/application form screening. Because as I said above, the only requirement was 2:1 numerate degree and no actuary experience was required. I have no idea who Bupa are looking for to fill this position.
Original post by countduckula1906
Hi everyone, I applied for a 3yr graduate actuarial scheme with Bupa (looking for my first full time actuary position) over the last week. I was rejected instantly. Keeping in mind this is a graduate scheme- which required no actuary experience. The only solid requirement was a 2:1 numerate degree. I achieved a first class in my BSc. Mathematics, and I also have interned as a actuary at Legal & General during my degree. So I have actuary experience too. Nothing unusual about the recruitment process either. The usual grad scheme: initial online application>> online tests>> video interview>>assessment centre>> final interview. If the process was straight to interview, straight after an initial application form, it may be slightly more understandable. However this wasn't the case. Considering that the next stage was just online testing, I am actually really surprised I didn't pass the initial CV/application form screening. Because as I said above, the only requirement was 2:1 numerate degree and no actuary experience was required. I have no idea who Bupa are looking for to fill this position.

Yeah i applied for this scheme, i wasnt rejected instantly but after a few weeks, i applied for stains upon thames one i think, hows your applications going?

Ive applied for legal and general actuarial schene 2021 have u applied for that one?
I have indeed. There's bucket loads of actuarial schemes going live at the moment though.
I have indeed. There's bucket loads of actuarial schemes going live at the moment though.

Which ones?
It might have been a mistake. I applied to a lot of grad schemes and I got rejected instantly from 2 of them (same as you I knew I met the basic requirements but they weren't companies I was really interested in so didn't think much of it), and after a few weeks I got an email saying the system rejected me automatically by mistake and they invited me to the next stage.If you're sure you meet the requirements I would send an email to their early career officer just to check.
Original post by emptyfield
It might have been a mistake. I applied to a lot of grad schemes and I got rejected instantly from 2 of them (same as you I knew I met the basic requirements but they weren't companies I was really interested in so didn't think much of it), and after a few weeks I got an email saying the system rejected me automatically by mistake and they invited me to the next stage.If you're sure you meet the requirements I would send an email to their early career officer just to check.

Which company was it that made the mistake?
Reply 7
They invited me to online tests and said a member of the Recruitment Team will be in touch by 18th December to confirm next steps
Reply 8
has anyone applied for the Bupa actuarial graduate role this year? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by emmawa
They invited me to online tests and said a member of the Recruitment Team will be in touch by 18th December to confirm next steps

The invitation for online test does it mean your application been processed?
Reply 10
Original post by Allush79
The invitation for online test does it mean your application been processed?

To my knowledge yes it does. I’m also hoping the the invitation for the video interview means you have passed…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending