The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Chemistry Autumn Exam H432 P 1,2,3 6/13/19 Oct 2020 - Exam Discussion

OCR A-level Chemistry H432 - Paper 1,2,3 - 6th/13th/19th October 2020

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

H432 Paper 1,2,3 6th/ 13th / 19th October 2020

The official specification:

https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171720-specification-accredited-a-level-gce-chemistry-a-h432.pdf

List of Recommended Resources:

Autumn Exam Megathread - Autumn Exam Thread Directory

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know if Cyclic Dimers may come up I think I've got the hang of them

Also redox don't really understand the questions :s-smilie:
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?

i don’t think dimers are on the spec?
Original post by flowertop
i don’t think dimers are on the spec?

No I couldn't find any but someone said they can ask them since they were in our specimen, the spec hides a lot tbf ;/ PH dilutions came up in the old spec, and apparently they can bring it up again.
What practical's is everyone learning for paper 1?

Wait I swear this isn't on the spec?? Also what are PH dilutions omg I'm stressed
Original post by astroehoe
Wait I swear this isn't on the spec?? Also what are PH dilutions omg I'm stresse

cyclic dimers are part of the polymerisation part but for it to be a questions we get given more information. pH dilutions are pretty much just the normal buffer/ ph calculations.
I'm getting 3-5 marks off an A ;/ I need an A, I keep making ridculously stupid mistakes

i.e using the wrong KA,
using the wrong state symbols
Sometimes, I get A's and sometimes I'm often 1-5 marks off an A ;/ my first exam is tmw
I'm getting 3-5 marks off an A ;/ I need an A, I keep making ridculously stupid mistakes

i.e using the wrong KA,
using the wrong state symbols
Sometimes, I get A's and sometimes I'm often 1-5 marks off an A ;/ my first exam is tmw

me too i always make tiny little mistakes like using 10^2 instead of 10^3 or smth, should be ok though if we check through answers right?
I'm just scarping an A by a few marks at the moment. I'm hopingggg Arrehenius doesn't come up coz that'll kill me
Original post by KawaiiMuffinCake
me too i always make tiny little mistakes like using 10^2 instead of 10^3 or smth, should be ok though if we check through answers right?

Hopefully, like I know bromine is a liquid my dumbass loses two marks for saying gas I feel like laughing but my exams tomorrow, and like putting the wrong colour for the ppt reactions of transition metals just something so embarassing.
I'm just scarping an A by a few marks at the moment. I'm hopingggg Arrehenius doesn't come up coz that'll kill me

same I'm just ab getting the A in the new spec, I hope we dont have to interpret the rate constant from a graph, or Arrhenius that would kill me. How are you with redox I mess up on the half equation. I hope they ask on buffers and explaining how they work.
same I'm just ab getting the A in the new spec, I hope we dont have to interpret the rate constant from a graph, or Arrhenius that would kill me. How are you with redox I mess up on the half equation. I hope they ask on buffers and explaining how they work.

Omg, I love explaining how buffers work. I always get the marks. I can work out the equations if we're given the two different oxidation states but I can never remember the equations.
Omg, I love explaining how buffers work. I always get the marks. I can work out the equations if we're given the two different oxidation states but I can never remember the equations.

Same I love those, I'm also getting the hang of working out X for a salt

Like Na2s04.xh20 worked that out and honestly kind of like them (I'm a nerd I know) I hope they ask about the rate equations from a table that'll be really fab! no doubt they'd throw in a graph ;/ I kind of have a feeling *touch wood* it doesn't because even though I know the concept I don't want to do it if you get me.

I hope the Cell potential and drawing them bc that's decent and explaining which reactions are feasible and what not.

YES omg its like 5 rlly quick and easy marks i LOVE them. I rlly hope that the long answer questions arent that bad because there is no way i'd get any marks if its something like "suggest a way to calculate the rate of equation of *insert reaction here* and calculate the half life" i think i will genuinely pass out
Same I love those, I'm also getting the hang of working out X for a salt

Like Na2s04.xh20 worked that out and honestly kind of like them (I'm a nerd I know) I hope they ask about the rate equations from a table that'll be really fab! no doubt they'd throw in a graph ;/ I kind of have a feeling *touch wood* it doesn't because even though I know the concept I don't want to do it if you get me.

I hope the Cell potential and drawing them bc that's decent and explaining which reactions are feasible and what not.

YES omg its like 5 rlly quick and easy marks i LOVE them. I rlly hope that the long answer questions arent that bad because there is no way i'd get any marks if its something like "suggest a way to calculate the rate of equation of *insert reaction here* and calculate the half life" i think i will genuinely pass out

I HATE graphs coz it's like I can do them but some little thing always goes wrong. Like when they ask for initial rate and you have to draw a tangent. My gradient values always end up being wrong but just a few and it drives me insane.
I HATE graphs coz it's like I can do them but some little thing always goes wrong. Like when they ask for initial rate and you have to draw a tangent. My gradient values always end up being wrong but just a few and it drives me insane.

SAME OML like the range for calculated initial rate they would accept could be 3-4 and i would get 4.1 BECAUSE I DREW MY TANGENT WEIRD. i'm really just hoping for some chill buffer calculations or something like a titration calculation or a 5 marker on lattice enthalpy

they're so hard, it's like is this how you draw a tangent :smile:

and they base a whole nine marker on deciphering the rate equation.
SAME OML like the range for calculated initial rate they would accept could be 3-4 and i would get 4.1 BECAUSE I DREW MY TANGENT WEIRD. i'm really just hoping for some chill buffer calculations or something like a titration calculation or a 5 marker on lattice enthalpy

LMAOOO and I'll use a sharp pencil and draw a huge tangent but STILL and it's the most frustrating thing ever. Yeh sameeee those would be so good!
they're so hard, it's like is this how you draw a tangent :smile:

and they base a whole nine marker on deciphering the rate equation.

Yeh and it's like I can do the other stuff it's literally just the tangent that screws me over

Latest

Trending

Trending