The Student Room Group

Gcse triple science

Can anyone help me figure out how to revise for gcse triple science.
I make condensed notes using my textbook and the spec
I also made cue cards which I went through a couple nights a week (during mocks)
Tbh I didn’t do many practise papers outside school but if I could go back I would definitely do more of those bcz looking back on GCSEs the questions are very repetitive.
Finally the night before the exam I’d use an A4 sheet of paper and write down everything I knew about a topic (blurting) and then I’d write everything I forgot on another piece of paper and I’d take that paper to school with me so I could remind myself before the exam.

I didn’t get to do my GCSEs because of corona but in my mocks I got
Chemistry 8
Biology 8
Physics 7

Then for my actual grades I got
Chemistry 9
Biology 9
Physics 8

Most of the things I did were about a month before mocks, I wouldn’t over stress during normal periods at school. It helps to keep your notes and cue cards up to date but other than that relax :smile:

Good luck x
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Cookies709
Can anyone help me figure out how to revise for gcse triple science.

are you doing gcses in 2021
Just use the cgp triple science revision guide (find the one with your exam board and whether you’re doing foundation or higher)
Revise form that 4 pages a day and you’ll be ready. Just practice questions and you’re done! This is what I did xx
Reply 4
Original post by meerkatking123
are you doing gcses in 2021

Yeah
Reply 5
Original post by ArtmisKco
Just use the cgp triple science revision guide (find the one with your exam board and whether you’re doing foundation or higher)
Revise form that 4 pages a day and you’ll be ready. Just practice questions and you’re done! This is what I did xx

Thanks that sounds like a great idea. I think I will do that. May i ask what you got in your exams
Reply 6
Original post by Amara 1420033
I make condensed notes using my textbook and the spec
I also made cue cards which I went through a couple nights a week (during mocks)
Tbh I didn’t do many practise papers outside school but if I could go back I would definitely do more of those bcz looking back on GCSEs the questions are very repetitive.
Finally the night before the exam I’d use an A4 sheet of paper and write down everything I knew about a topic (blurting) and then I’d write everything I forgot on another piece of paper and I’d take that paper to school with me so I could remind myself before the exam.

I didn’t get to do my GCSEs because of corona but in my mocks I got
Chemistry 8
Biology 8
Physics 7

Then for my actual grades I got
Chemistry 9
Biology 9
Physics 8

Most of the things I did were about a month before mocks, I wouldn’t over stress during normal periods at school. It helps to keep your notes and cue cards up to date but other than that relax :smile:

Good luck x

Hi thank you for taking your time to write this up. I really appreciate it and i will try to follow the tips.
Can I ask how long you spent each day revising and how you created your flashcards
Thanks that sounds like a great idea. I think I will do that. May i ask what you got in your exams

I got
Biology- 9
Physics- 8
Chemistry-7
Word of advice- don’t leave everything to the last minute like I did!!
Hi thank you for taking your time to write this up. I really appreciate it and i will try to follow the tips.
Can I ask how long you spent each day revising and how you created your flashcards

Tbh I didn’t spend much time revising at all. I went through my cue cards the night before the lesson and if I forgot a topic I’d go over my notes before the lesson. Mostly just answer a few exam questions a week.

Also for the cue cards I would go through the specification And if it said something like “able to recall the structure and properties of macromolecules”, I would write two cue cards ( one for structure one for properties) for each of the macromolecules.
Basically if the spec said we needed to know it I would write a cue cue card on it, not all of my cue cards were questions sometimes it say draw a diagram because that helps a lot in biology with things like negative feedback.
Reply 9
I got
Biology- 9
Physics- 8
Chemistry-7

Thats amazing! weel done you should be proud of yourself. Can i ask one more question about physics as I really struggle with it. How did you revise for it?
I got
Biology- 9
Physics- 8
Chemistry-7

Thats amazing! weel done you should be proud of yourself. Can i ask one more question about physics as I really struggle with it. How did you revise for it?

Original post by Amara 1420033
Tbh I didn’t spend much time revising at all. I went through my cue cards the night before the lesson and if I forgot a topic I’d go over my notes before the lesson. Mostly just answer a few exam questions a week.

Also for the cue cards I would go through the specification And if it said something like “able to recall the structure and properties of macromolecules”, I would write two cue cards ( one for structure one for properties) for each of the macromolecules.
Basically if the spec said we needed to know it I would write a cue cue card on it, not all of my cue cards were questions sometimes it say draw a diagram because that helps a lot in biology with things like negative feedback.

Thank you, i will definitely and make cue cards along the way.
My school has given us revision guides, and I plan on making some flash cards. I do sort of mind map like things as well, like a mind map, but what you've written can join up to more than one other thing.

I mainly just did questions and the past papers :smile: but I also really made sure that I understand each bit of physics by asking my teacher even though it was obvious she became irritated

Quick Reply

Latest