The Student Room Group

Accelerated chemistry and Physics

Hey. Im a second year A level student. In my first year I took the wrong subjects and messed up. I took Sociology, psychology and urdu. Im done with urdu and got an 'A' and In sociology and psychology ( AS only) I got a 'B' in both. next year in May June 2021 ill be appearing for AS and A2 biology both. As I want t pursue my career in medicine I want to take Physics and Chemistry as well. At first I was planning on taking a gap year and completing my other subjects. But now I don't want to waste another year. so is it possible for me to complete all these three sciences (both AS and A2) till May 2021. PLEASE HELP MEEE!!!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by boghani
Hey. Im a second year A level student. In my first year I took the wrong subjects and messed up. I took Sociology, psychology and urdu. Im done with urdu and got an 'A' and In sociology and psychology ( AS only) I got a 'B' in both. next year in May June 2021 ill be appearing for AS and A2 biology both. As I want t pursue my career in medicine I want to take Physics and Chemistry as well. At first I was planning on taking a gap year and completing my other subjects. But now I don't want to waste another year. so is it possible for me to complete all these three sciences (both AS and A2) till May 2021. PLEASE HELP MEEE!!!!

I’m in my second year aswell and currently studying both chemistry and biology and it’s been really really hard for me as for the understanding stuff in chem and then the heavy HEAVY content in bio:{ even after 1year. I’ll say if you’re good at taking in and storing content and being able to apply that in exams then you could attempt it but I would do a gap year cos it gives u much more time to grasp concepts and potentially more opportunity to get a good grade cos medicine require at least an A in both
Reply 2
Original post by Lilllyyyy3
I’m in my second year aswell and currently studying both chemistry and biology and it’s been really really hard for me as for the understanding stuff in chem and then the heavy HEAVY content in bio:{ even after 1year. I’ll say if you’re good at taking in and storing content and being able to apply that in exams then you could attempt it but I would do a gap year cos it gives u much more time to grasp concepts and potentially more opportunity to get a good grade cos medicine require at least an A in both

Okay thanks a lot for your advice. many of my friends are also advising me to take a gap year, but its just that i don't want to spend another year on A levels. But keeping my age in view Im 17 right now and will be turning 18 in 5 months, so starting medicine at 19 wouldn't be that bad. also I want to score As only so yea its gonna take alot of time and hardwork.
Original post by boghani
Okay thanks a lot for your advice. many of my friends are also advising me to take a gap year, but its just that i don't want to spend another year on A levels. But keeping my age in view Im 17 right now and will be turning 18 in 5 months, so starting medicine at 19 wouldn't be that bad. also I want to score As only so yea its gonna take alot of time and hardwork.

Haha great:smile: I wish you good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest