The Student Room Group

3 die in suspected terror attack in Nice

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Absolutely revolting.
And they are all illegal immigrants, France is literally under attack from an invasion. The **** in the hospital, they should pour molten lead down his throat, if he is going to kill people like animals then treat him like one.
And I actually find it so PATHETIC that millions and millions of people are outraged across the world for some CARTOONS.
All these people say they stand for human rights and liberty but they couldn't give a toss when a authoritarian regime like China was literally committing genocide.
(edited 3 years ago)
Man there are so many angry people in this thread.
Reply 23
Original post by 1st superstar

yeah because a number of people think that the teacher was at fault because he 'upset' a people and their relgious beliefs.

The common dialogue is that they condemn the actions of the killer but say the teacher brought it upon themself - ergo, supporting the Islamist terrorist.
Reply 24
Mmm in fairness i doubt he has much info worth a damn to give. The problem with these lone wolf type attacks they tend just to be disgruntled young men who pick up a weapon and go loco with them.

Either way, i imagine his time in jail is going to be thoroughly unpleasant and painful.
Original post by 1st superstar

You'll find being angry is quite a standard response when a terrorist murders people in a particularly sadistic manner.

Are you really expecting people to be as calm as Hindu cows?
When are these Muslim religious fanatics going to learn that we have candles in jam jars and we're not afraid to use them.😡
Can I just point out the fact that this is really hurtful to Muslims. You can't just stereotype a whole religious group for something. You probably have heard it before and I'll say it again; Islam is a religion of peace and it does not state anywhere in the Qur'an that terrorism is ok or acceptable. I am a Muslim myself and I've received so much hate from people on the street before but the thing is I would NEVER hurt anyone intentionally. And the truth is the majority of Muslims wouldn't. So, can you please not base one or two people's actions on the whole Islamic community who don't even agree with the whole incident. Although I have different religious beliefs to Christians I wouldn't want to just around and behead them. And this goes for all religions.
Reply 28
Original post by FatmaR:)
Can I just point out the fact that this is really hurtful to Muslims. You can't just stereotype a whole religious group for something. You probably have heard it before and I'll say it again; Islam is a religion of peace and it does not state anywhere in the Qur'an that terrorism is ok or acceptable. I am a Muslim myself and I've received so much hate from people on the street before but the thing is I would NEVER hurt anyone intentionally. And the truth is the majority of Muslims wouldn't. So, can you please not base one or two people's actions on the whole Islamic community who don't even agree with the whole incident. Although I have different religious beliefs to Christians I wouldn't want to just around and behead them. And this goes for all religions.

Hmm, see I naively thought it might be slighty more hurtful for those who's heads are currently laying at some distance away from their bodies, but no, you're right. The hurt feelings of Muslims is far more important.......

Yes, you are right, the real victims in all of this are Muslims.

I forecast that we would get the "Religion of Peace" defence to this act of evil. Bu it is isn't a religion of peace when it comes to "defaming" the Prophet is it? Mohammed himself set the example. Not only was he a great beheader himself, he insisted on it for people who in his view had defamed him personally.

"The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf who has really hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you like me to kill him?" He replied in the affirmative. So, Muhammad bin Maslama went to him (i.e. Ka'b) and said, "This person (i.e. the Prophet) has put us to task and asked us for charity." Ka'b replied, "By Allah, you will get tired of him." Muhammad said to him, "We have followed him, so we dislike to leave him till we see the end of his affair." Muhammad bin Maslama went on talking to him in this way till he got the chance to kill him. Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah"

Sahih al-Bukhari 4:52:270
A couple of reminders:

If you wish to discuss the principles of Islam, please do so in the Religion forum, not the news forum.

Please be respectful of everyone on TSR. You can disagree with someone without being rude toward them.

Thank you
Original post by generallee
Yes, you are right, the real victims in all of this are Muslims.

I forecast that we would get the "Religion of Peace" defence to this act of evil. Bu it is isn't a religion of peace when it comes to "defaming" the Prophet is it? Mohammed himself set the example. Not only was he a great beheader himself, he insisted on it for people who in his view had defamed him personally.

"The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf who has really hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you like me to kill him?" He replied in the affirmative. So, Muhammad bin Maslama went to him (i.e. Ka'b) and said, "This person (i.e. the Prophet) has put us to task and asked us for charity." Ka'b replied, "By Allah, you will get tired of him." Muhammad said to him, "We have followed him, so we dislike to leave him till we see the end of his affair." Muhammad bin Maslama went on talking to him in this way till he got the chance to kill him. Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah"

Sahih al-Bukhari 4:52:270

You’re right but it only happens when we’re attacked first. And I’m not saying it right because it isn’t but knowing this shouldn’t you be questioning the cartoons in the first place? And personally I wouldn’t recognise the person who beheaded the people as a Muslim because he wasn’t attacked directly. However I’m not going to waste my time on this so you can believe what you want but just be careful when you’re addressing the whole Islamic community because that isn’t right.
Original post by Kitten in boots
You'll find being angry is quite a standard response when a terrorist murders people in a particularly sadistic manner.

Are you really expecting people to be as calm as Hindu cows?

Nah tbh I like seeing people angry, it's entertainment.
Original post by Wōden
Hmm, see I naively thought it might be slighty more hurtful for those who's heads are currently laying at some distance away from their bodies, but no, you're right. The hurt feelings of Muslims is far more important.......

Honestly. Tbh I haven't got time for religion.
Reply 33
You’re right but it only happens when we’re attacked first. And I’m not saying it right because it isn’t but knowing this shouldn’t you be questioning the cartoons in the first place? And personally I wouldn’t recognise the person who beheaded the people as a Muslim because he wasn’t attacked directly. However I’m not going to waste my time on this so you can believe what you want but just be careful when you’re addressing the whole Islamic community because that isn’t right.

Considering a sizeable portion of the Islamic community across the world has effectively been baying for French blood over the past few days, burning effigies of Macron in the streets, boycotting French goods, stoking a general hatred of France and French people, or when influencial Muslim figures such as the former Malaysian PM states that genocide against French people at the hands of Muslims is justified, then I think it is perfectly right to address the Islamic community as a whole.
Original post by Wōden
Considering a sizeable portion of the Islamic community across the world has effectively been baying for French blood over the past few days, burning effigies of Macron in the streets, boycotting French goods, stoking a general hatred of France and French people, or when influencial Muslim figures such as the former Malaysian PM states that genocide against French people at the hands of Muslims is justified, then I think it is perfectly right to address the Islamic community as a whole.

So you think it's 'perfectly right' to accuse innocent people for horrific crimes? That says a lot doesn't it.
Original post by Just my opinion
Just before the Iraq war along with over a million others Brits I marched in London carrying a sign saying " Not in my name "
We are constantly told that these Muslim terrorists only represent a fraction of the Muslim community.
Where are the million Muslims protesting in Paris carrying their " Not in my name" signs?

I'm willing to bet everything I have that if you go to Iraq and ask Iraqis about this 1 million people march in Britain in protest of the Iraq war, none would know about it and many would like you ask why the British did not stop that catastrophe from happening and so carry resentment towards the British for what they did in that country in that war, ramifications of which are still being felt by these people to this day. All the meanwhile Blair is still roaming around, him and Bush as if they did nothing. In fact many on this website support them both with little criticism from anyone. Can you imagine how an Iraqi would feel if they came on a student forum and found people boasting support two men that helped murder 1 million people in their country without a shame and without any challenge from anyone? I bet they would be angry.

Many millions of Muslims protest these things, but nobody reports on them. They mostly protest in their own countries, in their own languages....and I am not sure any of them would have a need to protest these matters, particularly that they begged the west to stop supporting terrorism in the middle-east warning them against wars in that part of the world ...that such things would spread terrorism to the four corners of the globe....warnings all of which went unheeded....This terrorism is a natural consequence of the choices of our governments.

There's a lack of communication between people that leads to ignorance and false conclusions. I attend a synagogue that often criticises Israel for violations against the Palestinians, but no Palestinian knows this and so, many think that all Jewish people find the wrong things that Israel does acceptable when they don't. Its the same problem everywhere.
(edited 3 years ago)
#stopMacron is trending on twitter and there was a big protest outside the French embassy in London. This is a day after 3 French people were brutally murdered in a church by an Islamist terrorist.
It's becoming harder everyday to believe that Islam is a religion of peace.
Reply 38
Original post by Hudds999
#stopMacron is trending on twitter and there was a big protest outside the French embassy in London. This is a day after 3 French people were brutally murdered in a church by an Islamist terrorist. I can’t deal with these people, it’s clear Muslims care more about a ****ing caricature than people being beheaded...

In fairness to them, you can find the barbarous killing in Nice to be disgusting whilst also taking umbrage with Macron's words. After all, his words (rightly or wrongly) speak for themselves.
That being said, the optics on these protests are exceptionally poor and the reaction by them grossly overblown to what is, by rights, an irrelevant little publication that they themselves have brought into the limelight.
Reply 39
Original post by Jebedee
A tweet from the former prime minister of Malaysia.

FB_IMG_1603977318952.jpg

Nominally this extract was taken out of context, although the full post doesnt make it much better.

In a new blog post, Mahathir said he was “disgusted with attempts to misrepresent and take out of context” what he had written, saying that that section of the post needed to be read with the subsequent paragraph in which he wrote: “But by and large, the Muslims have not applied the ‘eye for an eye’ law. Muslims don’t. The French shouldn’t.”

Either way, not entirely surprising from the crooked old coot who accuses his acolytes of being sodomites before hurling them in jail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending