The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

transfering to LSE as a 2nd year - from Canadian university (outside of UK in general

Hi! I was wondering if anybody succeeded in transferring to LSE as a second-year student from universities outside of UK, preferably Canada?

If that is the case, can you tell me more infos about it? Like if I have to appy to the UCAS like the freshman students and if they look at the highschool grades too and more.
Transferring into the second year is exceedingly rare - it's very much the exception rather than the rule. I didn't meet a single person who'd started in the second year in all of my time at LSE.

If you want to attend LSE, you'd have a far better chance of getting a place if you apply for first year entry.

Applications for second year entry can only be made if you meet all of these conditions:
- Meet the original first year entry requirements for the programme (eg A level or IB requirements)
- Achieve the equivalent of a 2:1 in your first year studies
- Your current first year studies must be the same as the first year at LSE (you must provide a copy of your transcript)
- There must be spaces available in the second year of the programme

Plus, you can only apply to these departments:
- Anthropology
- Economic History
- Geography and Environment
- Government (excluding the BSc Politics and International Relations)
- Social Policy
- Sociology
- Actuarial Sciences and Statistics

Also, even if you meet all of these requirements, there's no guarantee of an offer.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by LeapingLucy
Transferring into the second year is exceedingly rare - it's very much the exception rather than the rule. I didn't meet a single person who'd started in the second year in all of my time at LSE.

If you want to attend LSE, you'd have a far better chance of getting a place if you apply for first year entry.

Applications for second year entry can only be made if you meet all of these conditions:
- Meet the original first year entry requirements for the programme (eg A level or IB requirements)
- Achieve the equivalent of a 2:1 in your first year studies
- Your current first year studies must be the same as the first year at LSE (you must provide a copy of your transcript)
- There must be spaces available in the second year of the programme

Plus, you can only apply to these departments:
- Anthropology
- Economic History
- Geography and Environment
- Government (excluding the BSc Politics and International Relations)
- Social Policy
- Sociology
- Actuarial Sciences and Statistics

Also, even if you meet all of these requirements, there's no guarantee of an offer.

Hi! Thank you so much for the response. Now I know more about the information about the transfer. However, can you tell me where you got the information about where I can apply? (Anthropology...Econ History.. this part) Because when I checked the LSE website it said

Transfer into the second year of the International Relations, BSc Management, International History & International Relations, BA History and LLB programmes is not permitted and neither is a transfer into the third year of any LSE programme.

A bit different from your answer so I was wondering
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! Thank you so much for the response. Now I know more about the information about the transfer. However, can you tell me where you got the information about where I can apply? (Anthropology...Econ History.. this part) Because when I checked the LSE website it said

Transfer into the second year of the International Relations, BSc Management, International History & International Relations, BA History and LLB programmes is not permitted and neither is a transfer into the third year of any LSE programme.

A bit different from your answer so I was wondering

From the website itself:

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply

Scroll to the second year entry tab.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by GabiAbi84
From the website itself:

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply

Scroll to the second year entry tab.

Yep I already checked it
Yep I already checked it

Well that’s where all that info from above is from.
Yep I already checked it

Well that's where I got all the info I showed you - just click on 'second year entry.' It's all there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending