The Student Room Group

Spoiler Alert: Which game ending got you the most?

Basically made you cry, angry etc
the end of spider-man PS4 made me super emotional. also telltale’s walking dead game (end of season 1 and the end of the entire game) were emotional.

the last of us (1&2) got me emotional at the beginning of each rather than the end so idk if that counts.
The middle of bioshock. Would you kindly? I was ONG!

Last of us part 2, I didn’t want to play the end as I liked Abbie and Ellie annoyed me.
But as it was, it was lucky Ellie did go after Abbie really.
Reply 3
Life is strange before the storm bc I’m basic like that
Original post by Catherine1973
The middle of bioshock. Would you kindly? I was ONG!

Last of us part 2, I didn’t want to play the end as I liked Abbie and Ellie annoyed me.
But as it was, it was lucky Ellie did go after Abbie really.

oh really you liked Abby? most people seem to just sh*t talk her. i quite enjoyed her parts of the game too.
Reply 5
Call of duty mw3. Roller-coaster of a campaign. Finally to see makarov get hung and Cpt Price pull out that cigar 👌🏽. Especially after everything, General Shepard snaking out Ghost, Soap dying etc.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain had an ending that wasn't fair on Venom Snake and Quiet. Both characters meet a very unfourtante end.

Yakuza 0's ending wasn't fair on Majima at all and it is what drove him crazy. However, Majima would come out on top as the true victor in Yakuza 1 and 2 as the Tojo Clan and Omi Alliance have its share of problems. But the ending in Yakuza 0 in which Makoto cannot recognize the person that has been saving her throughout the story can make anyone cry.

The Knight's fate in the dream no more ending of Hollow Knight (which is canon) is a ****ed up ending that isn't fair. The fact that you've played as this little guy trying to make things right in a dying kingdom who meets it's ultimate demise in the end isn't fair.

NOBLE team's ultimate demise in Halo Reach is depressing to witness

Played through GTA IV last year for the third time and was angered at the end. Each playthrough I chose the revenge ending but this time I realised that Roman is just as morally deprived as everyone else is in the story, he may be Niko's cousin but the guy doesn't give a **** about Niko at all

Need I say more? Probably - Walking Dead Season 1.
Original post by Other_Owl

The ending of Playdead Studios' INSIDE really threw me off for days. Just... what? What was that? (Id definitely recommend the game, just a HUGE tw for blood, gore, body horror, and mind control)

Also- it's a silly children's game but the ending of Petz Catz for ps2 and wii really makes me happy cry. It's a typical "having defeated the bad guy, the young hero comes home to loving and relieved parents, while triumphant and sweet music plays in the background" ending, but it was the first video game I ever played Ever and i still love it to this day, so the ending always gets me without fail (plus, the ending theme is lovely. even if you have 0 interest in a silly game about a cat saving the world, PLEASE check out the ost, it's insanely good. in my opinion anyway, and youre more than welcome to disagree ofc lol)

Finally, the ending to the legend of zelda: phantom hourglass. Saying goodbye to Ciela made me cry a fair bit, and seeing Linebeck's boat sailing into the distance right at the end really got me in the feels. Fantastically underrated zelda game, along with Spirit Tracks, which I love as well, but while I prefer spirit tracks as a whole, PH has the ending that hits me harder.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Modern Warfare 3 because it was such a perfect end to a perfect trilogy. Everything was just amazing and the ending was so satisfying.

Doki Doki Literature Club: that game as a whole was just something else, that was probably the only game I got properly emotional in and which actually affected me, and the ending alongside all of the rest of the game was just perfect.

Rainbow Six: Siege isn't a campaign game, however if we take the 10 solo missions as a semi-campaign then Article 5 as the 11th and final mission would be the end of the campaign. It wasn't emotional at all however the beginning and ending cutscenes just made me cry for some reason, and the music was just beautiful.

Terranigma (SNES): it is the cause that makes this ending so sad. And it is the saddest that comes into my mind.
Reply 11
The Turret Opera at the end of Portal 2 always brings a tear to my eye.

Call me whatever you like, but the end of Destiny 1 had me welling up. It was such a beautiful story line, although sometimes questionable and a bit annoying, but overall the ending of it was perfect. King is dead, Aksis is dead - for a second time, and SIVA was gone (for the most part), it was almost like life was back to normal again (spoiler alert, Destiny 2 decided it wanted to throw a spanner in the machine).
Reply 13

God, this scene was really touching. Mads as Cliff really stole the show despite his limited game time.

Quick Reply

Latest