The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL - Eng Lit

Has anyone done an interview for the course yet or even received an offer?? What was it like?

I'm hoping I get one but they're requesting additional references or something and my school is being a little bit difficult and the deadline is the 15th :bawling:
Not bad, Revise, believe and go for it
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Educator Rob
Not bad, Revise, believe and go for it

what sort of qs did u get asked? was it around ur a levels/PS or is it like an oxbridge interview where they ask more generally
Reply 3
Original post by tsr2801
what sort of qs did u get asked? was it around ur a levels/PS or is it like an oxbridge interview where they ask more generally

Yes. It was fairly simple. Everything they asked me revolved around the texts I wrote about in my personal statement. There was a fair amount of microanalysis from them too - the woman said that I wrote a very feminist PS? They also challenge you on texts for example, the man asked me why a tree is yellow in the poem "The Road Not Taken" - I had mentioned it in the PS.

Edit: They also ask you what you have been reading and why/what makes it appealing. Also, there is an unseen extract that you get given. Mine was on a garden in Italy - it was stupid.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ashtonswh0re
Yes. It was fairly simple. Everything they asked me revolved around the texts I wrote about in my personal statement. There was a fair amount of microanalysis from them too - the woman said that I wrote a very feminist PS? They also challenge you on texts for example, the man asked me why a tree is yellow in the poem "The Road Not Taken" - I had mentioned it in the PS.

Edit: They also ask you what you have been reading and why/what makes it appealing. Also, there is an unseen extract that you get given. Mine was on a garden in Italy - it was stupid.

i see! with the unseen extract- was it hard to write the essay on it? were they harsh about the word count; how much time did u get, etc
Reply 5
Original post by tsr2801
i see! with the unseen extract- was it hard to write the essay on it? were they harsh about the word count; how much time did u get, etc

I wouldn't necessarily describe writing a few paragraphs on it as difficult though, I will say it was meticulous. There wasn't a set question they just asked me to write anything I found interesting - spoiler alert!! nothing was interesting lol. As for the word count, there was none. The timing was quite nice, I had until the next day to submit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending