The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

nah
No it’s not. I went from a 2 to a 8 in 2 years (now studying it at alevel then eventually a degree). What are your goals? to do well or just pass it...my advise is to learn how the exam is marked (what the teacher/examiner is looking for) and memorise set paragraphs for each topic, you can tweak them to the question
Reply 3
Original post by Fummi
Hi everyone. I recently did my Spanish mock and finally realised I’m not on par at all. I got a 4 and 5 in my reading and listening. It’s two months before my official mock exam. Any tips on how to improve. Especially vocabulary?? Or is it too late??

it's not too late, I used quizlet to drill vocabulary, and repeat present + preterite verb endings over and over to make sure you know them. You could try listening to Duolingo Spanish podcast to immersing yourself, don't worry if you can't follow everything they say.
https://quizlet.com/becka_aa/folders/theme-one-identity-and-culture/sets
https://quizlet.com/becka_aa/folders/theme-two-local-and-global/sets
https://quizlet.com/becka_aa/folders/theme-three-study-and-future-plans/sets
Reply 4
Original post by hootdoot04
No it’s not. I went from a 2 to a 8 in 2 years (now studying it at alevel then eventually a degree). What are your goals? to do well or just pass it...my advise is to learn how the exam is marked (what the teacher/examiner is looking for) and memorise set paragraphs for each topic, you can tweak them to the question

Hiya. I’m currently aiming for a 7 for my final exam but for my mocks AN improvement is fine. Maybe a 6 or a 5 in both. I’ll give that a go tho. Thank you. I do love languages but I struggle so much I feel aiming higher is unrealistic.
Reply 5
Original post by b3cka
it's not too late, I used quizlet to drill vocabulary, and repeat present + preterite verb endings over and over to make sure you know them. You could try listening to Duolingo Spanish podcast to immersing yourself, don't worry if you can't follow everything they say.
https://quizlet.com/becka_aa/folders/theme-one-identity-and-culture/sets
https://quizlet.com/becka_aa/folders/theme-two-local-and-global/sets
https://quizlet.com/becka_aa/folders/theme-three-study-and-future-plans/sets

Hi I really needed this! Thank you so much and I’ll definitely try those podcasts for listening practice.
Reply 6
Original post by Fummi
Hi I really needed this! Thank you so much and I’ll definitely try those podcasts for listening practice.

you're welcome! you've got this, it can be overwhelming but just take it steady and you'll smash it!!
Original post by Fummi
Hiya. I’m currently aiming for a 7 for my final exam but for my mocks AN improvement is fine. Maybe a 6 or a 5 in both. I’ll give that a go tho. Thank you. I do love languages but I struggle so much I feel aiming higher is unrealistic.

It’s not unrealistic! If you put the work in and try you’ll get a good grade :smile:
Original post by Fummi
Hi everyone. I recently did my Spanish mock and finally realised I’m not on par at all. I got a 4 and 5 in my reading and listening. It’s two months before my official mock exam. Any tips on how to improve. Especially vocabulary?? Or is it too late??

no definitely not too late
vocabexpress is quite good
Reply 9
Original post by hootdoot04
It’s not unrealistic! If you put the work in and try you’ll get a good grade :smile:

Thank you so much, I'll try my best, just a little hard with so many subjects :/
Original post by Fummi

hello did you do the 2019 aqa paper?
if you did do you remember what topics to focus on?
Original post by Queen_Ameliaaa13
I found all 3 papers for Spanish aqa higher and done them for my mocks this week but I need to exchange it with another paper someone has done for their mocks? help for help people-

Hi, I have the 2019 AQA geography paper if that’s any help (I have paper one and only the mark scheme for paper 2). Id love it if we culd trade, I rlly need those Spanish papers!
Original post by rkofficial101
Hi, I have the 2019 AQA geography paper if that’s any help (I have paper one and only the mark scheme for paper 2). Id love it if we culd trade, I rlly need those Spanish papers!

Hi man i would do anything for the geography papers i only have the science papers if thats any help but i really need the geography paper and mark scheme if thats okay :/
Reply 13

hey which paper do you need for Spanish I have writing and listening paper and mark scheme and reading, that would be fab if you could send edexcel geo b papers please can you send this on snap?
hey which paper do you need for Spanish I have writing and listening paper and mark scheme and reading, that would be fab if you could send edexcel geo b papers please can you send this on snap?

Hi would you be able to send me any spanish papers if they are edexcel i only have the science papers for aqa if thats any help but i would rly appreciate any spanish paper
Original post by mohamedfmy
Hi man i would do anything for the geography papers i only have the science papers if thats any help but i really need the geography paper and mark scheme if thats okay :/

Hey, do u have snap? add me ygx_dazz and I’ll send u the geography paper and yes omg, the science ones will deffo help, ty!

I only have AQA Geography paper :frown: I’m so sorry I can’t be of much help, I feel horrible so I understand if you don’t wish to share the Spanish papers!
Hey, do u have snap? add me ygx_dazz and I’ll send u the geography paper and yes omg, the science ones will deffo help, ty!

yeahh for sure ill add you now and send the science ones
Reply 18
I only have AQA Geography paper :frown: I’m so sorry I can’t be of much help, I feel horrible so I understand if you don’t wish to share the Spanish papers!

nah thats calm ill help anyone cuz these mocks are really important is that ok if I add u and send the Spanish papers? ur doing aqa right? if you've done the edexcel b re papers can u lmk thx
Reply 19
Original post by mohamedfmy
Hi would you be able to send me any spanish papers if they are edexcel i only have the science papers for aqa if thats any help but i would rly appreciate any spanish paper

hey sorry man i do aqa spanish but i will try looking if that helps

Latest