The Student Room Group

What are good monologues to perform for a Drama Edexcel GCSE?

Hiii I've been looking everywhere for some good monologues to perform for my GCSE drama, but all of them so far have been either, some random monologue for teenage girls about murder written by a forty year old man or really periodic and wordy. So if you do know any or have performed any good ones yourself please reply to this. Also if you know any good LGBT + monologues that would be amazing too. Thanks in advance :smile:)))))
Make up your own one.
Look at the works of Dylan Thomas. The other suggestion that I have is Carol Ann Duffy's stories about the wives of people from history- King Midas's wife's imagined story works as a monologue.
Reply 3
Original post by tinygirl96
Make up your own one.

aahhh I wish I could but I'm kinda stupid :colonhash:
Reply 4
Original post by barnetlad
Look at the works of Dylan Thomas. The other suggestion that I have is Carol Ann Duffy's stories about the wives of people from history- King Midas's wife's imagined story works as a monologue.

I love her poems so much, that is such a good thxxxx :colondollar:
Reply 5
hey i did AQA drama two years ago but im sure its largely the same! i did a monologue from a play called The Long Road. its kinda dark but i found it really easy to perform :smile: cant exactly remember the plot line but someone stabs someone and the family is trying to find out why the girl did it possibly?? loads of people in my year used that play and the most common monoglue was the mother talking about when she found out he died, and i also did a duologue from the same play where the mother and the girl meet in prison which was also good.

i got a 9 overall and so many people did that play i thought it was rly good hope that helped :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by humbledoors
hey i did AQA drama two years ago but im sure its largely the same! i did a monologue from a play called The Long Road. its kinda dark but i found it really easy to perform :smile: cant exactly remember the plot line but someone stabs someone and the family is trying to find out why the girl did it possibly?? loads of people in my year used that play and the most common monoglue was the mother talking about when she found out he died, and i also did a duologue from the same play where the mother and the girl meet in prison which was also good.

i got a 9 overall and so many people did that play i thought it was rly good hope that helped

ahh well done on the 9, I just read up on it and it sounds really good, I've already practiced crying :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest