The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economic History without economics/maths a level

I'm currently in y12, and I saw this course at LSE. It sounds far more interesting than normal history. However, I was wondering whether I would be the best fit for the course. I take History, Psychology, and English. I don't take maths a level and whilst I wanted to do economics the subject is not properly offered at my school. So would this be too much to catch up on? Any help would be much appreciated!
Original post by Sumayya_Ahmed
I'm currently in y12, and I saw this course at LSE. It sounds far more interesting than normal history. However, I was wondering whether I would be the best fit for the course. I take History, Psychology, and English. I don't take maths a level and whilst I wanted to do economics the subject is not properly offered at my school. So would this be too much to catch up on? Any help would be much appreciated!

The website says that they prefer subjects such as history/ geography/ econ so you have history. It also says they’re happy to consider essay based subjects which you have so you should be alright.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anon12345678987
The website says that they prefer subjects such as history/ geography/ econ so you have history. It also says they’re happy to consider essay based subjects which you have so you should be alright.

Ok thank you!!
the economic history at LSE is not like the straight econ, it’s more history based than econ, you do not need econ a level, you already have history
Reply 6
I have a friend doing a Economic History at LSE. His A levels were: Chemistry, Biology, Maths and AS level History.

Most people on my BA Geography course at LSE do not have A level Geography! As long as you show a passion for wanting to study this subject and tailor your PS to the LSE Econ History modules you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending