The Student Room Group

A Level Resits - Summer 2021 Official Thread

Anyone resitting any A Level exams in the summer 2021 examination period is welcome to discuss, share tips and ask questions here!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackson222
Anyone resitting any A Level exams in the summer 2021 examination period is welcome to discuss, share tips and ask questions here!

Hi guys, what subjects are you taking and which ones are you planning to resit?
I take eng lit, history and econ.
Planning to resit history and econ
Hi guys, I am resitting geography in the summer and aiming for an A.
Resitting Bio and Chem,
Have BB, predicted A*A* but aiming for AA minimum
How are you guys getting predicted grades?
How do i persuade my history teacher to predict an A* even tho i got a B in the summer and flopped the autumn exams due to being undisciplined.
Original post by Strive4Gr8ness29
How are you guys getting predicted grades?
How do i persuade my history teacher to predict an A* even tho i got a B in the summer and flopped the autumn exams due to being undisciplined.

Are you still attending school?
Original post by _speedwagon_
Are you still attending school?

Nah
Reply 7
Resitting Bio, Maths and Psych, need BBB but aiming for AAA :smile:
Resitting geography. Have an A*A in maths and Econ.
resitting Bio to increase my B to an A*/A. Currently have A* and A in chemistry and maths.
Need an A for physics but only get a B. I send my paper for remark as I only need 6 more marks. However I think I should prepare for resitting in summer. Can I ask if we choose to resit in summer, do we need to resit all the subjects or just the one you did not achieve thr grade you need?
Do you guys think the exams will be cancelled because of the new covidv19 strain and the rise in cases. I really hope not otherwise I have to take a second gap year and there's no way I will apply with the grades I got from my teachers. They should make it like the autumn exams but in May/June so people who want to do their exams can do them. I'm so stressed out and my bloody tutor has taken 2 months and still not finished my reference.
Original post by Justthoughts17
Do you guys think the exams will be cancelled because of the new covidv19 strain and the rise in cases. I really hope not otherwise I have to take a second gap year and there's no way I will apply with the grades I got from my teachers. They should make it like the autumn exams but in May/June so people who want to do their exams can do them. I'm so stressed out and my bloody tutor has taken 2 months and still not finished my reference.

I’m worried about that too and my tutor still hasn’t done my reference either 😬.... i can’t stop being worried until I submit UCAS before the deadline. I also can’t stop worrying about whether exams will go ahead and whether I’ll get a place from my chosen uni, whether I'll be at uni next year
Original post by ChristinCat
Need an A for physics but only get a B. I send my paper for remark as I only need 6 more marks. However I think I should prepare for resitting in summer. Can I ask if we choose to resit in summer, do we need to resit all the subjects or just the one you did not achieve thr grade you need?

Don't get your hopes up about the review of marking. Picking up 6 marks in Physics is incredibly rare.

Each subject is separate and so you don't have to redo them all. However, in England, where A levels are linear, you do have to re-sit all the exams for a subject (but you can carry forward marks for any NEA or a pass in the assessed practicals.)
Original post by Compost
Don't get your hopes up about the review of marking. Picking up 6 marks in Physics is incredibly rare.

Each subject is separate and so you don't have to redo them all. However, in England, where A levels are linear, you do have to re-sit all the exams for a subject (but you can carry forward marks for any NEA or a pass in the assessed practicals.)

Thanks for that. I got A* in both maths and further maths so I don't want to redo the exams for maths and FM again.
Anyone know the deadline to sign up for the summer exams?
Original post by Johnathan281
Anyone know the deadline to sign up for the summer exams?

Centres have to get the entries to the exam boards by 21 February. Centres will set their own deadlines earlier than that to make sure they have time to check everything and submit in time - the price doubles if they're a day late.
Hi I am want to resit Chemistry the autumn exams where not it at ALL. I don’t know if I should resit Biology as well even if I haven’t touched it since like March. HELP?!!
I am going to resit Biology Chemsitry and Maths, hopefully I'll be able to clutch an A*/ A in all.
Original post by m.elle_eni
Hi I am want to resit Chemistry the autumn exams where not it at ALL. I don’t know if I should resit Biology as well even if I haven’t touched it since like March. HELP?!!

Yes you should do it ! start gradually and whilst you are revising it will slowly come back to you so don't worry

Quick Reply

Latest