The Student Room Group

2020/21 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by NyxiePyx
What is involved in the whole day?

Introduction and interval between two exercises = 30 mins approx
A written in-tray exercise = 60 mins
Stake holder briefing = 60 mins (40 mins to prepare and 10 mins to deliver)

There is no exact order of the exercises, some will be doing written first and some briefing and then you switch.
All goes by very fast!
Original post by bil99
Introduction and interval between two exercises = 30 mins approx
A written in-tray exercise = 60 mins
Stake holder briefing = 60 mins (40 mins to prepare and 10 mins to deliver)

There is no exact order of the exercises, some will be doing written first and some briefing and then you switch.
All goes by very fast!

Is there any prep that you would recommend? Other than familiarising myself with the competencies and the building blocks of detective work.
Reply 82
Original post by mcrosby_0903
Is there any prep that you would recommend? Other than familiarising myself with the competencies and the building blocks of detective work.

not really, its a scenario based assessment, you cant prepare in advance other than what you have already mentioned.

Its all about delivering at pace, assessing your workload all while keeping on top of your work and other priorities.
Original post by Lala998
Hey everyone, I have my DC assessment this Tuesday. I was wondering for the briefing exercise, is it more or less the same answer structure as the Day 1 police assessment? and do they ask you questions after the briefing? Thank you and good luck to you all!

It is case specific and after you gave the briefing for 10 min, then 10 mins will ask you questions and 40 mins you get to prepare and you could use the notes you make when you do the briefing
Reply 84
Guys can I ask you how long you waited before passing your Day 1 and receiving the invite to do the VRT? I passed my Day 1 on Friday and haven't received anything I was just wondering if it takes a few days to come through?
Reply 85
Original post by Lan94
Guys can I ask you how long you waited before passing your Day 1 and receiving the invite to do the VRT? I passed my Day 1 on Friday and haven't received anything I was just wondering if it takes a few days to come through?

It took me about two weeks to receive a response
Reply 86
@shireen1212 I would delete your comment as the content of the assessments is confidential and you could be at risk of having your application withdrawn for discussing it with other candidates, as well as giving others an unfair advantage who haven't sat that assessment yet
Original post by mjb176
@shireen1212 I would delete your comment as the content of the assessments is confidential and you could be at risk of having your application withdrawn for discussing it with other candidates, as well as giving others an unfair advantage who haven't sat that assessment yet

already done it and failed hence why I am asking but yes I get it also could you delete your reply to my comment just in case, thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
how are they doing the medical assessments? what precaustions are being taken?
Reply 89
what were the dates that have been listed for the health / fitness assessment? Are they soon?
Original post by Lan94

took ages for me, around 3 weeks I'd say?
Reply 91
Original post by hra_12
what were the dates that have been listed for the health / fitness assessment? Are they soon?

anytime from 19th jan to mid feb I believe! lots of choice
Reply 92
Do you guys know what the minimum pass mark is for the VRT? As in did you get feedback when you heard that you passed?
Random question but in the assessment centre I assume you wear business attire?
Reply 94
Original post by NyxiePyx
Random question but in the assessment centre I assume you wear business attire?

Yes it is formal.
How long did it take to get a response from VRT?
Reply 96
Hello, does anyone remember how long it took to get a date for the assessment centre after being invited to it when you had received the email saying you had passed the sift phase? I registered on the college of policing website, but haven't received an email (5 days) later.
How did everyone find the VRT?
Original post by Lan94
Do you guys know what the minimum pass mark is for the VRT? As in did you get feedback when you heard that you passed?

Did you find out what the minimum pass mark was by any chance?
Reply 99
Original post by Maddie088
How long did it take to get a response from VRT?

I did it on the 21st and heard back on the 24th, I would assume it's all automated as I didn't expect to hear back till after xmas when I did it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending