The Student Room Group

what a level subjects should i take?

i want to become a forensic psychologist but im not too sure what the requirement a levels would be. Could anyone tell me what a levels would be useful?
I would suggest stuff like biology, physics/maths or English (as it is essay based). If your school offers psychology, it’s a good subject to take too.
One would assume you would have to take a university course for it too. Find some forensic psychology degrees and see if they prefer certain A levels, I would hazard a guess and say psychology might be useful. Maths is always useful and criminology sounds about right.
Original post by Haley5Haley
i want to become a forensic psychologist but im not too sure what the requirement a levels would be. Could anyone tell me what a levels would be useful?

My friend also wants to be a forensic psychologist and she takes Biology, Psychology and Maths. I think these subjects allow to do want you want and also allow you to go into other careers if you are interested.

Hi! I have researched and came to know that there are no particular subjects you need to have however psychology is obviously needed. Other subjects:
- Biology (it works out quite well with pyschology)
- Chem
- Sociology
- Maths
or anything else u enjoy but the ones i stated above are good for what u wanna do.
I recommend doing pyschology, biology + any subject of ur choice.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
I have considered psychology, biology and I’m just not sure between maths, English or history
I have considered psychology, biology and I’m just not sure between maths, English or history

I don’t think it really matters .. ur 3rd subject should be something u enjoy. I’m in yr12 right now doing maths and it’s ok they don’t just throw u into the subjects they do a gcse recap at the start and then u go into it but it’s getting hard so it maybe difficulty.
I also heard english is difficult but i suggest u don’t take it as u already have pyschology as an essay subject so 2 might be a bit too much however if u think u can handle it then go for it
History again same as english lit.
I think sociology is a really good subject to take along with pyschology and biology.
Reply 7
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest