The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I just got told that a lot of college advisors and such were informed that lse is going to take way longer this year than they normally do, and their policy is to keep possible offer holders waiting as long as possible, so many of us might not hear back until March. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ishan.naithani
Got rejected from Politics and International Relations. Applied 12th September ;(

Damn I'm sorry. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by BobaFett2308
I’m so sorry. When did you hear back? I didn’t think any decisions had gone out. Are you a home or international student?

I think decisions haven't gone out for offer holders, however some people have been rejected
Got rejected from Politics and International Relations. Applied 12th September ;(

Sorry to hear this. I’ve applied for Politics and Economics. What were you stats?
Original post by heyitsj344
I think decisions haven't gone out for offer holders, however some people have been rejected

The wait is painful. What course have you applied for? I have applied for Accounting and Finance and I am a home student.
The wait is painful. What course have you applied for? I have applied for Accounting and Finance and I am a home student.

Yeah it really is:frown: I applied for LLB Law, I'm an international student.
Reply 1326
Original post by Bow566
I applied to LSE Management back in October as I was applying to Oxford as well. My grades are very strong (seven9's three8's at GCSE, predicted 3 A*s (Econ, history, maths, A* already achieved at epq) although my statement is tailored for e and m so about 50% of it is economics based. Is this likely to affect my chances much?

It is nigh on impossible for any person (especially here) to comment on the probability of you receiving an offer. However, if you really wanted to make an educated guess, try getting someone else to read your personal statement and gauge what they think. Ask them if they are sufficiently convinced by your personal statement to give you an offer for Management (if they were in the shoes of an admissions tutor). If so, then you probably have a good chance, because the rest of your application looks to be highly competitive.
hi guys I'm a current student at LSE and happy to answer any questions you might have in this thread: :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6884904&p=93321926#post93321926

*NB not fully informed enough to gauge the likeliness of u receiving an offer/ timings etc, but just looking to help out esp with such a challenging year using my past experience
Hey has anyone received an invitation for the ugaa yet? Or does anyone know when they will send out invitations?
I’m so sorry. When did you hear back? I didn’t think any decisions had gone out. Are you a home or international student?

Original post by Anonymous
Damn I'm sorry. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry to hear this. I’ve applied for Politics and Economics. What were you stats?

I had 98.2% in Indian Board. That is like IB 44/45 and A*A*A*. But after a given bar, stats don't really matter. It's all based on your personal statement because LSE receives applications from people generally with good scores. I was really eyeing at LSE but it doesn't matter. Not the end of the world :smile: Better opportunities and no time to fixate. All the best to everyone on the thread, it's a farewell for me. Hope the deserving people get in !! And if you don't, just remember that life always has better to offer :wink:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1330
I had 98.2% in Indian Board. That is like IB 44/45 and A*A*A*. But after a given bar, stats don't really matter. It's all based on your personal statement because LSE receives applications from people generally with good scores. I was really eyeing at LSE but it doesn't matter. Not the end of the world :smile: Better opportunities and no time to fixate. All the best to everyone on the thread, it's a farewell for me. Hope the deserving people get in !! And if you don't, just remember that life always has better to offer :wink:

good luck with your other offers !! i'm sure you're going to do well wherever you go : )

I am so glad you have such a positive outlook. When I had my student shadow day at LSE, Admissions made it clear that personal statements were everything. I just hope I got it right. I have some great offers (Warwick, Durham and Loughborough) but LSE is my dream school. Good Luck to you!
Man ishan I'm sorry mate' even I'm an Indian applicant for Law and I have a 95% predicted. I applied in like Sept end and still haven't heard back and I am so scared. Plus I got rejected preinterview for Oxford so I'm scared I bombed my additional exam. I hope everything goes well:frown: could there be any possible reason they still haven't replied to me?
Original post by Lawwapplicant101
Man ishan I'm sorry mate' even I'm an Indian applicant for Law and I have a 95% predicted. I applied in like Sept end and still haven't heard back and I am so scared. Plus I got rejected preinterview for Oxford so I'm scared I bombed my additional exam. I hope everything goes well:frown: could there be any possible reason they still haven't replied to me?

Also, I got an confirmation email on Jan 11 followed by 2other emails the survey and the delay in decisions
did anyone applied for Actuarial Science and headed anything from them???
is lse accommodation designated in a first come served way? thanks
Original post by reganhusky

Yes but I am pretty sure your are guaranteed accommodation for first year anyway so not a big problem. Though I know many that choose to live at home when they go to uni in London.
Original post by reganhusky

Hi yes it was last year. You have to firm your offer and then you are able to choose from the available accommodation.
i said it a while ago but i was rejected from P&IR too, i applied for Politics too though and it’s still in consideration (i didn’t know they only consider one course). I’ve seen people saying they didn’t know any decisions had gone out so i’m just saying again
i said it a while ago but i was rejected from P&IR too, i applied for Politics too though and it’s still in consideration (i didn’t know they only consider one course). I’ve seen people saying they didn’t know any decisions had gone out so i’m just saying again

Thank you that is very helpful, I'm a Politics and IR applicant too and have not heard anything since October. Also I'm very sorry for you, hope you end up happy somewhere else. :smile: May I ask if they told you why you were rejected?
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending